30.

"And it's currently Thanksgiving eve, folks! Call on in with the most embarrassing thing that's ever happened to you on this holiday. Do it quickly! The best story will win tickets and VIP access to Ed Sheeran's New Orleans tour stop in May!!"

I was tired of the guy's southern accent, so I pressed the power button to turn the radio off.

Amaya was sound asleep with little Gracie in her lap, and the sun had rose completely about half an hour ago. It was a lot hotter in November in Louisiana than you'd expect, especially  compared to up north. I've had to shed a few layers of clothing to prevent me from sweating to death. I was down to one of my old Nike workout tanks and some basketball shorts, but Amaya, on the other hand, was still dressed in sweatpants and a hoodie. How she was doing it, I have no idea.

Speaking of Amaya, I was gonna have to wake her up soon. According to Google maps, I was less than 5 miles from entering the state and I couldn't wait to surprise her.

She'd been going through something all on her own lately and even though she wouldn't tell me what was happening, I was going to be there for her the whole time we were in her hometown. That is if she even wanted to keep me with her.

I don't want her to send me back north, but if that's what she wants then that's how it was gonna be. The "Welcome to Louisiana" sign was now visible to me and I could feel my heart rate picking up.

Knowing my luck I was probably in the wrong state.

I glanced back over to Mya with her pretty lips parted showing just a small fraction of her perfect teeth. I remembered back to the gas station and to our almost kiss. It made me wonder a few things.

Would she have let me kiss her? Or would she have shoved me away?

She had every right to push me away. I'd been nothing but a jerk to her, and someone like me didn't deserve a kiss from someone like her.

I continued to wonder what was happening to make her so nervous and solemn lately, but who knows?

Unfortunately, Amaya keeps her deepest and darkest locked away from the world where no one will ever see. It worries me that she's keeping something so toxic inside with no chance of ever letting it out.

I put on my right blinker and pulled off to the side of the road before putting the car in park. I took a deep breath before turning to the side to shake the sleeping beauty.

"Mya. Mya, wake up." I told her.

After lots of shaking, coaxing and a promise for a chocolate bar, Amaya finally squinted open her eyes. I swear the girl sleeps like someone who's already six feet under.

"What could you possible want that's more vital than my beauty sleep, Theodore??" She asked in an annoyed, but cute and sleepy voice.

I hated when anyone called me my full name, but when Amaya said I was totally okay with it. But I'd never let her know that.

"You don't need anymore beauty sleep, trust me." I rolled my eyes at her with a chuckle.

I watched as her jaw dropped open and her cheeks flamed a fresh, strawberry red before she tried her best to recover. She snapped her bottom teeth to her top ones so quick I was surprised they didn't shatter. "Whatever."