22.

It's been a couple days since Theo practically rejected me. We haven't shared a single word since that day. Luckily, his football schedule and bringing chicks back to our apartment to hook up occupies so much of his time that we don't even see each other.

I've kept my head down and just focused my sole attention on my school work.

That's exactly what I was doing when a random number started calling my phone. My eyebrows scrunched together in confusion wondering who could possibly be trying to get in contact with me.

I set down my yellow pencil with a sigh and tapped the green answer button.

"Um, hello?" I asked in an unsure tone.

"Amaya?"

"Yeah...it's me. Who are you?" I was starting to get worried.

"It's Sam?"

Instantly I remembered the guy from the park and felt a little  stupid.

"Oh. Hey, Sam. I'm so sorry. I forgot to add your number into my contacts. These past few days have been kind of...hectic." I say with a new frown appearing on my face.

"You okay?" He asked seeming a little worried.

"Yeah. Totally. It's just school and with finals coming up so soon I'm a little bit of a mess."

Ever the whole episode with Theo I hadn't really thought deeply about how it affected me or my emotions. I really brushed off, and kept it at the back of my mind. Now definitely wasn't the time to tell Sam and scare him off with all my problems. He was really the only friend I've made since I arrived on campus.

Well besides Gracie...and Theo, but we all know how that relationship is going right about now.

"Well how about I come pick you up. We can go do something fun and get your mind off everything for the night. What do you think?" He asked sounding a little excited.

I looked down at all the papers laying all over my desk before an instant thought popped in my head. I knew I should stay here and get all my work done and over with, but I also knew I deserved a break at some time.

With everything going on with me I could really use some time away from school and this apartment.

"You know what? That sounds great, Sam! Thank you." I smiled to myself.

"Of course, Amaya. I can be there in a hour. Is that okay?" He asked.

"Yeah that's plenty of time. See you soon."

I ended the call and shut all my textbooks and notebooks before arranging them into a neat pile. A grin appeared on my face. I was getting out and actually doing something social. It felt like forever since I had actually hung out with anyone other than Theo or Gracie, as sad as that sounds, it's very true.

My lips fell into an "o" shape when I glanced up at myself in my mirror and saw exactly what my appearance looked like.

My hair was a complete rats nest and the little makeup left on my face was smudged around my eyes. The dark circles under my eyes were at a new extreme from the lack of sleep I had gotten over the past few days.

I wasn't sure I could fix the scary atrocity that I call my face and "lovely flowing" locks in such a short amount of time, but it was worth a try.

I rushed out of my room and walked as fast as I could towards the bathroom without getting unwanted attention from Theo and his "company."