chap 27- i hate her even more

MS: 

Hi, chap 27 is on :D apologies for the long pause. Enjoy!

_____________________________________

There are noises outside but there's no window in this room and the door is fully guarded. Zaire's version of security is imprisonment. I need to have either him or Raven with me so i can go out which is fcking insane and suffocating me. 

I don't know what i'm doing here really. I walk out of my room to go to Zaire's office. As usual, Raven and four other Lycans are following me. Geez, i can't take this anymore. 

"Zaire!" i called out as i bang the door of his office. 

"My princess. I'm about to go to your room"

"Well, andito na ko and i want you to stop being crazy and over protective and crazy and over protective!" 

He exhale. 

"I won't be able to forgive myself if someone harms you again. I will keep you safe even if it means chaining you to your bed"

Napasabunot ako sa buhok ko. He's paranoid! and talk about over reacting!

"By the way, i'll have someone to prepare you for my important announcement" 

"Pwede bang sabihin mo na ngayon, andito na ko oh"

"see you later my princess" he walk past me like i said nothing

"Zaire!"

I was taken care of like a princess. Someone took me to bath and dressed me. I chose a black daring backless dress. What's this important announcement by the way? I look at myself in the mirror and i see a stranger. 

I realized, i have forgotten my cost. My reasons has been altered, my identity is gradually being discarded. I am not me anymore. 

Then who am i?

The moon is shining bright, lights has been lit all over the place, Lycans were gathered. A stage has been set with Zaire standing on it ever so proudly in his coat and waiting for me like i am walking down the aisle. 

Somehow the idea doesn't scare me. It's as if the most natural thing in the world. The wind blows which gives me shiver down my spine as the cool wind tapping my bare back. Zaire is staring at me like a predator he is. Well, wait until you see my back. 

He smile, a smile that ladies would die for. He ask for my hand as soon as i reached him on the stage and squeeze it gently. I like the warmth of his hand. 

"You look perfect my princess" he breathe.

"No one is perfect Zaire" 

"You are, to me. Your back is stunning, makes me want me to see the rest" he tease. 

"Well, are you going to announce something or are you just going to flirt with me?"

"I'd rather have the second option but my announcement is as important"

"All ears is yours" 

He face forward to his people and they pay him attention instantly. 

"Signus Arcana pack, I would like to announce that Ms. Haizea Arden. Will be your future Luna and my one and only mate" 

What the hell?! I look at Zaire with a shock face. Did he just say that?! my gasp camouflage with the gasp of the Lycans surrounding us. I can hear protest, and disbelief is evident on their faces. 

Raven, Draimor and 2 other Lycans that i didn't know the name surround me protectively. 

"What the heck Zaire?!"I tried to whisper but it still came out as a shout. 

"She's a human!"someone said. 

"I'm perfectly aware" Zaire answered. 

"a mere human can't possibly be a Luna!" 

"No human have ever been a Luna but it doesn't mean it's not possible" 

"Are you insulting our race Alpha! You want a human to lead the one of the strongest pack in history? Surely, the other packs will have stomach ache for laughing at us. You're making us a big joke!"

I don't want to agree but any creature with commonsense will know that they're right. Zaire is out of his goddamn mind! Before Zaire can answer someone interrupt him. 

"How can she protect us when we can easily kill her"

Zaire's eyes suddenly change and his canine shows saying he doesn't like what he heard. 

"First, she will not lead you because i will. Second, she doesn't need to protect you because you are suppose to protect her! and third, you can't easily kill her because you have to go through me and i am telling you, i'll have your head on the ground before you can even touch the hem of her dress"

Tumaas bigla yung balahibo ko. Mukang nagkakainitan na sila. what should i do?!

"Zaire, you can't just decide on what i'll become, stop this nonsense now!" but my words was just gone with the wind. Aba, hindi talaga ako pinapansin ng Lycan na to ah!

"Is she the reason for Freyja's death? if so, then she died in vain" 

S-she died?... i slowly look at Zaire to confirm if what i heard is right. But he avoided my gaze... which just establish the truth. My mind went back that day.... 

I remember her beautiful face, her strength and even her sarcasm towards me. i hate her that time and i know she hates me but.... she still tried to save me. Knowing that she died that day.... 

Makes me hate her even more. 

I know that she didn't do it for me. She did it for Zaire, she's not afraid to show him what she's willing to sacrifice. Even if it means dying because of the person you despise! Hell, if its me, i would probably left her to death. 

I vow my head, for some reason my eyes feel hot and i wanted to cry. But i can't... i'm already weak in their eyes and crying now infront of them won't make me strong. but why do i care? i shouldn't. 

"Freyja knows that she will be your future Luna, what happened is the result of her doing the right thing. To those who are reluctant and having some doubt in me, knowing the path i want to take. I will gladly follow the rules"

Rules?

"Tomorrow afternoon, on training grounds. I'll be there to face any challenger for my position. But make sure to give your all, because i won't be kind."

With that, he dismissed the meeting. 

"Zaire!" i shout as i follow him to where he is going and with those four Lycans following me.

He suddenly stop and i messily stumble on his broad back. 

"Can you listen to-"

"I want you" he interrupt me and look at me with his handsome but serious face.

"I want you to be my Luna, my other half, my queen. And i won't accept no as an answer. I will show you that i deserve you" 

but do i deserve you?

"Zaire, t-they're right"

"Then i'll prove them wrong" 

___________________________________________

Do you like this chapter? please vote and comment! mwah! :*

You may also add "Mmhelik_hedea" facebook group. :) spread the love! <3  

mariaakemihoshino on instagram :*