Mistakes

"Now (M/N), calm down," America urged, almost a little desperately. "It was just one tomato, and I know Romano didn't mean it."

America's comforting words did nothing to calm the hysterical (M/N), who sobbed and banged his head against the wall several times before doing the same thing over and over again. America was, currently, trying to calm his foster son down before the latter ended up hurting himself.

"What the bloody hell is--" England paused mid-sentence when he saw America and (M/N)'s predicament. "What are you doing you bloody fool?! Stop him!"

"What do you think I'm trying to do?" America snapped back before returning to his son who now graduated to punching the ground. "(M/N) stop that, now or else you'll be grounded from your music for a week!"

It was a little sadistic move, but what choice did America have? He didn't want (M/N) to hurt himself, especially over something like this, although he understood that many autistic people were perfectionists most of the time, as it did help keep their routines in line, but one mistake would lead to a complete breakdown.

(M/N) froze, turning his pleading and tear-stained eyes to his father, who stared right back with warning. Of course, (M/N) didn't understand what the older man's eyes were telling him, but the threat was perfectly clear. (M/N) pulled his knees up to his chest and began to quietly sob.

America's eyes immediately changed to his fatherly, more protective side.

"Thank you (M/N), and I'm sorry I had to be hard on you, but you have to understand that I didn't want you to hurt yourself. Now, I'm going to call Romano and demand that he apologize or else I'll destroy his tomatoes beyond repair.

(M/N) squeaked out his displeasure, and America quickly realized his mistake.

"All right, maybe I should just ground him from tomatoes for a whole week, what do you say?"

"Ah!" (M/N) squeaked approvingly. His doll then appeared out of nowhere as he began to braid its hair.

As America went for the phone, England followed behind him, a weird look on his face.

"I mean no offense, but that boy might be the death of you," the older country stated.

America just laughed. "I know, but at least then I'll die happy."

Many people with autism can't stand to make mistakes, because while NTs are mostly stressed out, those type of things can make us autistic people feel suicidal. I'm not saying this happens to everyone, though this is mostly the case. The same can also be said for routines, as they are the one of the only things that gives us comfort and safety, otherwise if there's a slight change to it, we'll freak out. I still have some problems with that today!