Empathy

Today, (M/N) was visiting Russia's house (which was more Russia's idea than America's), and was watching as the taller nation scared the Baltics without the former's knowing. Their fear was literally emitting off the smaller nations, and it was really starting to choke (M/N).

He was starting to get scared. Not for himself, but for the Baltics.

However, his whimpers were pretty loud, and it was enough to draw everyone's attention towards him, confusion written across their features. Latvia, uncertain what to do, walked over to (M/N) and placed a hand on his shoulder. The reaction was what caught Latvia off guard. (M/N) pounced on him and began to sob into his shoulder.

Latvia, still confused, glanced up at Russia, who had forgotten to inform his servants about (M/N)'s autism. The other two also glanced up at their boss.

Russia was, in mind, planning on beating himself to a pulp later.

~~~

In a meeting, the countries were watching with concern as (M/N) sobbed over a poor little dog who was in pretty bad shape. Of course, the sight of the innocent animal in pain tugged painfully at their heartstrings, but (M/N) seemed to be taking it the worst. He was sobbing over the animal as America did his best to heal the dog's wounds, with an almost just as hysterical Germany helping him.

It was a pretty disturbing sight if you really looked closer; Germany, who was normally so stern and strict, so hysterical, and (M/N), who loved animals, looking like he wanted to bang his head through a wall and take his own life. 

Once America managed to patch up the dog's wounds as best he could, he handed the little one back to (M/N), who held the puppy gently like he would break at the slightest touch. Germany hovered over him, likely protecting the dog from more harm.

America noticed the other countries staring, wanting an explanation, so he opened his mouth. "When (M/N) feels emotions, they're much more strong than what NT people feel. Like what you're seeing right there. Instead of just feeling sorrowful, (M/N) is downright hysterical. Does that explain things to you?"

The countries nodded, still unable to say a word.

Many people think that those with autism or on the autism spectrum are emotionless robots who can't feel empathy. However, that's not true. We just feel too much empathy, especially when we feel the emotion in the air or see a poor animal hurt, like in (M/N)'s case.
Animal cruelty is a very touchy subject for me, and one that's hard for me to write about. It always makes me feel ashamed to call myself a human being, and anyone with a heart would feel the same!