Stress

Despite himself, Romano found himself scooting as far away from (M/N) as he could.

The reason why? Because (M/N) looked ready to plunge the pencil in his hand into his eye.

Currently, the boy was sitting in the quiet meeting room while his father was out with the others getting lunch, trying to do his homework. However, this homework was over something he didn't understand, and stress was starting to build up.

Finally, before Romano could leave the room safely, (M/N) couldn't take it anymore.

He began to scream and thrash around, banging his head on the table, sobbing uncontrollably, and even slamming his hands on himself. Unfortunately for Romano, he was too afraid to get the boy to calm down, thinking that (M/N) would attack him if he got too close.

Though, fortunately, the door banged open, and America rushed in, and hurried to (M/N)'s bag, taking out his iPod and doll, before he proceeded to restrain the boy long enough for the boy to give up his antics.

However, as (M/N) looked hopelessly up at his foster father, America smiled at him. "Don't worry (M/N), I know this stuff. Do you want me to help you?"

Eyes widening, (M/N) smiled big with a thankful "ah!" He then proceeded to braid his doll's hair to get rid of any traces of stress as America proceeded to show him how to do the problems correctly.

Romano was happy that he didn't have to be the one calming (M/N) down.

~~~

(M/N) was whimpering, trying to braid his doll's hair and get his music out without letting the emotion in the air bother him. It wasn't easy at all, because the stressed emotions of England and France, who were glaring at each other like there was no tomorrow, was getting out of control.

A little desperate now, (M/N) tried rocking to distract himself, but still, nothing helped, and now England and France graduated to trying to strangle each other to death.

"Bloody frog!"

"Kinky wizard!"

(M/N) had to get out of here, now!

Without warning, (M/N) zoomed to the door and slammed it shut behind him, loud enough to snap the two arguing countries out of their stupor. The only thing they all saw was a closed door, (M/N) nowhere to be seen, and America covering his face with a hand, sighing in annoyance.

Finally, the younger nation glanced up and glared at the older nations. "Do you ever shut up?" he asked, exasperated before he got up and left the room, probably to search for (M/N).

Before France and England could yell back a retort, the door closed behind America.

Like with mistakes and slight changes in routine, autistic people can't deal with stress very well unless they have something to help them with that. Stress is the worst emotion to feel for someone with autism or on the autism spectrum, and we get overwhelmed very easily, especially if it's over something we can't do and it's required (like for school). However, with the proper practice or something to help them deal with stress, we can deal with it a lot better. I can't really say the same for myself because even today I can't handle stress very well. I'm hoping to end that by the end of this year, and if not, somebody shoot me.