Chapter 6

He appeared in front of me. I frowned as the silence stretched. I was about to get up from the chair, but he held me down. My eyebrows furrowed even more. I stared into his eyes, they were filled with confusion. His hand still laid on my shoulders. He leaned in, and I closed my eyes shut. His hand held my cheek for a moment, but he sighed and let go. He left my room. Then, the front door slammed shut. My eyes were wide in surprise at the moment. 

What happened to him? is he okay? One moment, he is like angry. The next, it's like another person took over him. Hyejin-ah, you need to relax. You don't need to care about him. Never!

----After the weekend----

As I walked towards Jungmi, it felt weird. She is always weird, but something...something mischievous came out of her aura. I took careful steps towards her. Her smile became wider at every step. When I was right in front of her, she hugged me so tight that I could hardly breathe. 

"Is there something wrong?" I asked after she released me. 

"Jinwoo oppa asked me out!"

"He did? Why?"

"He asked me if I wanted to get food after school. Well, pick us up from home." 

"We? Then it's not a date." 

"It is. It's just you're the third wheel."

I'm the third wheel?!

"Fine, you go by yourself. Tell him I had to study."

"Yes, it's a date!" She squealed happily as we entered the classroom. 

"Jungmi-ah, have you seen or talked to Jongin?"

"Aniya, why?"

"Oh, just wondering."

"Did something happen?"

"No, we just didn't meet up as much. He's probably studying or something." She looked at me skeptically. 

"Well, something did." I confessed. 

"So what happened?" 

"So-" Taehyun entered the classroom. We made slight eye contact. 

"I'll tell you after school." She nodded while looking from me and Taehyun. Over and over again. 

The moment we stepped out from the gates, she started asking. 

"So what happened?"

"When did it happened?"

"Why won't you tell me? You don't love me anymore?" 

She asked until we were home. 

"Tell me now!" 

"Aish...I will tell you. BUT...you will never speak a word of this. I don't like this situation." She pretended to zip her mouth with an imaginary zipper. 

"Well.." I began. 

"As usual, I met up with Jongin. But before that, in the beginning of the day, he texted me. He sounded really urgent. You know, I was worried and shit...." I continued on with the with the whole situation, while she laughed a little but also worried. Somehow I told her what happened after. I basically told her what happened the whole week. 

"OMG! TWICE!!!!" She squealed loudly. 

"He obviously likes you!" She continued. 

"The problem is I don't. I mean like everyone knows we basically hate each other. I don't hate him nor do I like him. Or that's what I think..." I explained. She opened her mouth to say something but I cut her off. 

"Aren't you supposed to be on a date with Jinwoo now?" 

"Oh my lord! I forgot! I'm gonna go change. Can you go down and tell Jinwoo oppa, I will be ready in a minute?"

"Sure."I opened the door. 

"J-J-Jinwoo...Uh, I guess you heard everything..." He rubbed the nape of his neck with a red face. 

"Yeah, I guess you can say that. I promise I won't tell anyone." 

"Okay, and I won't be going with you guys. I need to stay home to do something."

"Awww, but okay." 

"See ya." I said Jungmi came out of her room. 

"Bye." I headed back to my room. 

The next day after school, I was home alone. Apparently, she has to stay after school for something. While I go home to work on my project. Or essay. 

I started typing. I barely got to a paragraph and Minho called me. 

"Hyejin, can I borrow your textbook?"

"Ugh, fine. But you are coming up to get it." 

"Yea, I'm at the door." I carried the huge textbook out to the living room to the door. Minho stood there smiling at me. I threw the book at him and was about to close the door. 

"Wait!"

"What?" He walked in and placed the book on the table. He grabbed my arm and pulled me out of the apartment. 

"What the-" He covered my mouth with his hand. He opened the door to Seungyoon and Taehyun's apartment and dropped me on something. The room was completely dark. At that moment, Minho closed the door. I heard it lock. 

"Minho? Minho?! Where are you?!" I screamed into the darkness.

 A pair of arms wrapped around my waist tightly. I screamed with fright. I heard laughing in the room but I couldn't see where it's coming from. I reached for what was behind me and pinched it. It let out a squeak. I quickly got up away from the grasp of the arms. I searched for the light switch. I touched it but I didn't get to press it before the arms found me again. I jabbed what ever behind me with my elbow and leaped out of its reached and pressed the light switch. 

I saw Minho and Seunghoon's face before sinking down to the floor. Jinwoo and Seungyoon appeared by my side. While, Taehyun was at the spot, where the arms were attacking me. 

"Yah! This is funny!" I grabbed a cushion and started hitting all of them. They all ended up on the floor dying of laughter. I was about to storm out of the room before Minho grabbed my leg. 

"I-I'm sorry. I didn't mean to." He said trying to hold his laughter back. I bonked his head with my knuckles and he fell backwards onto the floor. 

"Yo, that hurts." He whined in pain. 

"That's what you get for pranking me like that." I stuck out my tongue at them. Merong. 

I left the room to my apartment. But, Taehyun followed me. I bonked him on the head, too. 

"You pabos. Trying to mess with me." 

"But, it was funny." He said, closing the door while rubbing the spot that I hit his head on. 

"Well, that was your fault." I stuck out my tongue at him. Merong. Then, something happened. Something very unexpected....