Chapter 14

I woke up and checked if Jungmi was up. She wasn't so I left her a note.

Hope you slept well. No more drinking and eat. Don't come to school, I've got your back.

-Hyejin

I changed into my uniform and grabbed my bag. I walked out and locked the door. I walked to school. The moment I saw Jinwoo, my face fell into a cold stare.

"Morning, Hyejin." He chirped happily.

How can he be so happy when my friend was drunk because of him?

I ignored him and walked past him. I saw him frown.

What can I do? I mean my friend was drunk! On beer! She is only 16 or is it 17? I don't know and I don't care! She is still too young!

"Hyejin! What's wrong?" Jinwoo chased after me. I walked into the classroom still ignoring him.

"Where's Jungmi?" He asked curiously.

"What do you mean, 'Where's Jungmi'?" He cocked his head in confusion.

"She got drunk because of you last night." I added.

"What? Why?"

"She said...Why should I tell you?" I snapped.

"What did she say?" He rose his voice. I never heard him talk like this.

"She said you only wanted to be friends with her." I raised my voice.

"Aish..." He ran a hand through his hair.

"What I meant was for now. We should decide on being together later. It's too early." He huffed and sighed.

"This girl..." He mumbled.

"Well, you shouldn't tell me. You should tell her yourself. I'm sorry..." I apologized quietly.

"It's okay. I know you didn't mean it. You only meant to help Jungmi." He patted my head.

"You should never raise your voice ever again. It's scary.." I muttered.

"I know. That's why I rarely do it." He smiled.

"So how is she?"

"She is probably sleeping or just woke up." I answered. He nodded slowly. I could see his eyes clouded with concern.

"I'm pretty sure she would be okay. She isn't one of those kind of people." He relaxed slightly but not as much.

"Why aren't you and Taehyun together?" I shot my head up at him from my book.

"What do you mean?" I answered cautiously.

"I mean he likes you and it seems you too. So why not hit it off?"

"It's not what it seems-"

"You don't like him?"

"It's not that it-"

"If you don't, then why not?"

"It's just...we can't."

"What do you mean?"

"I don't know...I can't decide. I-"

"If you can't decide let fate and your heart do the deciding."

"It's not that easy." He opened his mouth to speak but students began to file in. Taehyun came in with Seungyoon. I looked at him for a moment but turned away. I looked at Jinwoo's direction. He raised his eyebrows. I shook my head slightly. Nervously. I turned back at the board. Taehyun sat in front of me today. He normally sits behind me.