Chapter 26

Jiyong ran a hand through this hair in frustration. I didn't dare to look at my parents. I was...ashamed? Embarrassed? Scared...?

"Hyejin." My father stern voice rang. My eyes slowly moved towards him, cautious of what he might do. 

"Do you know why am I here?" He asks. I didn't move. 

"Do you know what trouble you have caused? That traveled all the way to the States?" His voice getting louder by the second.

"Jungmi, you can go rest." My mother sweet voice ordered. Jungmi nodded, bowed, and left to her room. 

"This happened overnight! Do you how much trouble it will make? Not only is the young lad's career but also your brother's and the family's." He said. 

"If this gets any worse, you will be a disgrace to this family."

"Father-"

"Jiyong stay out of this." 

"Appa, I'm sorry. I didn't think this w-"

"A sorry isn't going  to solve this problem. I told President Yang to keep the boys away from you. You do so as well."

"Yes, father. But Jungmi's boyfriend is Jin-" 

"They won't be together anymore." 

At the corner of my eye, I saw Jungmi with a shocked face. I didn't know what to do. It's my fault that they had to separate. My heart dropped. 

"You guys will continue going to school after a while." My father said those words and left the house. 

"Honey, we're only doing this for the best. You're going to be okay. Right?" My mother looked at me with sincerity. tears brimmed the lines of my eyes. 

"I have one more thing to say. Your father has already set you up with Jongin. You will have to be with him." My mother's words were so calm but the hit me like bullets. 

I looked at my mother with pleading eyes while shaking my head. 

"I'm sorry." She apologized and left. She got on a car with my father and drove away. 

I dropped onto the couch and closed my eyes. Tears rolled down my cheeks. I bent my knees and placed my head on them, covering my face. My brother sat there, still bewildered at what had happened. No sound was made but my sniffles. 

"Hyejin...?" Jungmi's voice squeaked. I looked up at her. Her lips were in a thin line. I jumped up and hugged her. Crying on her shoulder. 

"I-I'm sorry." 

"It's not your fault."'

"It's my fault. I had to do this and separated you and Jinwoo...I'm sorry." 

My brother got up and left the house. He slammed the door shut. 

"Jungmi, I think I need some fresh air. I'm gonna go take a walk." I grabbed a hoodie and a tissue. I wiped my tears away, cleaning my face. And a pair of sunglasses.

I stepped out of the house. I put on the sunglasses and walked towards the park. At this time, there shouldn't be much people. 

The weather is so beautiful but my life is so sad. 

------------Taehyun POV------------

Why isn't she answering?!

I called Hyejin a bunch of times but she isn't answering.