Chapter 15

In school, the principal made an announcement saying, there's a trip tomorrow. So now, I am packing a bag of necessities. Snacks, a bottle of soda, etc. I will make myself a sandwich as lunch. 

I woke up and changed into a pair of skinny jeans, and t-shirt. I zipped on a hoodie and proceeded to the kitchen. Jungmi was there making her lunch. 

"Wow, you're up early." She commented. 

"Well, we do have to get to school earlier today." I said as I placed to slices of bread in the toaster. 

She nodded as I began to prepare my lunch. I finished and packed in a plastic bag. I placed the lunch in my bag along with my phone and keys.

"Jinnie, you ready to go?" Jungmi called from the door. I grabbed my shoes and quickly slipped them on. 

"And...done! Let's go!" I closed the door behind me. 

We arrived at school just in time for the attendance call. We boarded the bus. The boys were there already. 

"Morning!" Minho and Seunghoon exclaimed. I smiled and nodded a reply. Taehyun looked out the window without a word. 

We arrived by the seaside and got off. Wen were ordered to board the boat up ahead. The ground was uneven and bumpy.  We had to walk over rocks to get to the boat. 

I placed a foot on one of the steps to get on. I was about to placed the other foot on the next step, water gushed to the steps causing me to slip backwards. 

"Omo!" I clamored. 

"Be careful, Hyejin-ah." Taehyun said through his clenched teeth while supporting me. 

"Sorry." I pursed my lips. He helped me up the boat without any problems. I quietly thanked him. I followed him to the back of the boat. I was intending to sit with Jungmi but she was sitting with Jinwoo. So I was stuck with Taehyun. 

"Tae-"

"I don't want to hear about yesterday. We're on a trip. I want to be happy. Smile." I closed my mouth and slightly smiled at him. But it was obviously fake. 

"Oh, come on. A real one." He used his fingers to move my lips to a big smile. I chuckled as he touched my cheeks. 

"That's better." He gave me a warm smile. I looked over the edge of the boat. The water was glistening and clear. 

"Taehyun-ah, look." I pointed to a fish in the water. He moved closer to the side of the boat, his lips brushing my left cheek. 

"Uh-" 

"It's okay." My smile was a shy one. I felt his eyes wander down my face. I turned away towards the sea, to hide the redness of my cheeks. 

"Hyejin-ah, are you okay?" Jungmi whispered, looking back at me. 

"What? Why?"

"Your face is beet red." 

"What? No." I said covering my cheeks with my hand. I heard her and Jinwoo chuckle lightly. I stuck my lips out into a pout. 

"Hyejin." I turned my head to Taehyun, still in the form. He moved closer. I quickly changed back to normal. He pointed into the water, where a school of fish just swam by. 

Well, that was embarrassing. 

"Are you tempted?" He whispered into my ear as he looked out into the sea. 

"To do what?" I looked at him. 

His cheeks were so close. I just want to- No. I will not.

"Why are you staring at me?" He smirked. I looked down at the floor before looking up at the sea.