Chapter 29

"What happened?" I asked concernedly as soon as we arrived at the hospital. 

"Taehyun, h-he..."

"What about him?!" I blurted. Their eyes directed to me, wide opened. 

"Do you even know who he is? Or remember?" Seunghoon asked. 

"What? I-I-" 

"You were pretending, weren't you?" Minho raised his eyebrows. 

"I-I-, that's not important right now." I began hopping around avoiding the question. 

"The doctor's checking on him. We can talk for a while." I pursed my lips, keeping them shut. 

"So are you pretending?"

"P-Pretending w-what?" I stuttered. At the moment, the doctor stepped out of the room. 

"Doctor, is Taehyun okay?" Seungyoon asked. 

"Yes, since he just had his stomach cleaned from the sleeping pills that he had overtaken. He should be fine. Let him rest and make sure he eats properly. And don't let him take the pills too much." He smiled. 

We bowed and thanked him for the service and he left. We entered the room one by one. Taehyun lied there, pale and dry-lipped. With tubes attached to his arms and hands. 

This pabo! Why did he take so many sleeping pills?! Doesn't he know he could die from it?! Aish!!- Wait, no. No. I am only caring as a friend. Not whatever you think. 

I stood quietly beside Jungmi. The nurse finished checking his vital signs, nodded, and left. Jinwoo helped Taeyun sit up on the bed, moving the pillow behind him. His eyes stared into mine for a moment. The moment seemed as if time stopped. 

It was like in movies, time suddenly stops for a while. It goes by slowly. 

My eyes felt like it was burning. Hot tears formed at the ledge, so I looked away. At the same time, it felt like time had came back. It went back to it usual timing and form. I slightly turned away and wiped the tears from my eyes with my fingers.

"Are you crying?" Jungmi secretly whispered. 

"Ani, something got in my eye." I moved my hand away from my face. 

"Sure..." She said with a smirk. 

"Taehyunnie, don't you dare do that again." Jinwoo said. 

"Yea, you had us worried sick." Seunghoon commented. 

"Mian." Taehyun apologized. I felt awkward in the room. 

We...they had some talk before the nurse came in to say that they patient needs to rest.

I arrived at home bored as hell. 

"Yah, why didn't you say anything before?" Jungmi asked. 

"What is there to say?"

"A greeting. Or at least a 'Hi, are you alright?'." She shook her head in disapproval of my so-called bad manners and behavior. 

I rolled my eyes and plopped down on the couch. 

"You didn't greet someone? What manners do you have?" A voice boomed. Seunghyun appeared. 

"Why are you here? How are you here? How do you have our house keys?" I bombarded him with questions. 

"That's not important. I heard you don't got manners." 

"It;s nothing. Now, how did you get in here?" I countered. 

"Jiyong gave me his keys. He told me to watch over you guys while he is out in Japan."