Chapter 27

------------Hyejin POV------------------------

I was sent glares and snickers, when I accidentally trip over the students' "fallen" stuff. I just ignore them. I'm glad I had Jungmi and my oppas with me but it felt uncomfortable. Even the teachers can't help but look at me every few minutes. 

"Jinnie-ah, do you want to go home?" Jiyong asked. 

"Ani, I'll stay. I didn't do anything wrong so why would I want to go home?" I gave him a weak smile. He patted my back and nodded. 

We sat down at a lunch table that wasn't very far from WINNER's table. I slowly stuffed the food in my mouth. I didn't really have the appetite to eat. 

"Yah, you two. You gotta eat. You don't want to faint in the middle of class. Do you?" Seunghyun scolded lightly. 

Yes, I do. I just want to get out of here. A moment where I can escape the cruel world, be with those I love and enjoy it together. But it isn't possible. 

This is reality not fantasy. I am not fantasizing this scandal, I have to accept it and live with it. 

Jungmi keeps staring off to space. In the boys' direction. She must be really lovesick.

Why does this keep on happening? When things get on track something would mess it up? Is this fate? Is it telling us to separate? Forever?

"Earth to Hyejin? You there?" Youngbae waved his hand in front of me. I diverted my eyes to him. 

"Quit being in this mood. It makes me sad." Seungri pouted. 

"Quit acting like a kid." Jiyong countered. Panda opened his mouth to speak but closed and continued pouting. 

"Well, he is right. It's like someone died here." I commented. 

"No, no, no, no. You better clean that mouth of yours later. Those words should never come out. Nobody is dying." Daesung said in a stern voice. 

"Neh, oppa." I chuckled softly. 

As we walked home, I was in a bit of a lighter mood. Jungmi was smiling occasionally. I was really happy. 

We were going to cross a road. I skipped ahead of the others. Apparently, that wasn't a great decision. 

"Hyejin, come back! Hurry!" I heard a voice scream. I was suddenly pulled to one side but the hand slipped and the car hit me. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Youngbae flew to the ground as his hands slipped off her arm. The car didn't stop, it continued going and hit Hyejin. 

"HYEJIN!" Jungmi cried as she ran towards her. 

The driver of the car was laughing crazily. 

"Haha, *hic*, she got hit. Oops." He said and laughs. Jiyong got up from Hyejin upon hearing that and pulls the man out of his car. He began hitting him and kicking him. Seungri went to stop him. Seunghyun called the ambulance and Daesung was praying that Hyejin would be alright. Jungmi was holding onto Hyejin. Both girls were covered in blood. Tears kept falling her eyes. 

Jungmi brought Hyejin's head to her face and hugged her tightly. 

"You have to be okay. You have to." She whispers. 

The students, who gathered around the group, were just standing there and recording everything. 

"Serves her right." A student snickers. Jungmi hands Hyejin over to Daesung. She got up and marched angrily towards that student. She slapped her across the face and pushed her to the floor. other students gasped.