Chapter 16

--------------Hyejin POV--------------

I decided to take a walk around the garden. Everyone had gone inside for lunch, so I was the only one out here. 

"Hyejin!" A voice called. I turned to see who it was. 

T-Taehyun?! 

I quickly began to walk away. I was about to run but he grabbed my wrist and turned me to face him. 

"Hyej-"

"I don't want to listen to what you have to say. Now, let me go." I shook his hand off. I took steps away before he backhugged me. 

"What are you doing?!" I tried to shake him off. His grip has tightened instead. 

"I was blackmailed." He said. I stopped moving. 

"She blackmailed me. I had to do what she said in order to protect you." He explained. 

To protect me?! Such lies. 

I pushed him away from me. 

"Stop lying! I have fallen for your infinite amount of lies. Leave me alone!" 

"Hyejin!" He called after me as I ran away.

I was far away from the place so I settled down on a bench. The sun was setting in the fall season. It's almost winter but it was still quite warm. The sky was beautiful. The sun dipped at the side of the sea, far ahead. The warm wind blew, causing the leaves on the trees to fall pleasantly and elegantly. The soft rustling of the dried leaves on the ground. 

"Hyejin?" Jungmi's voice entered my head. 

"Jungmi." I gave her a thin smile. 

"Is everything fine?"

"Yea. I'm fine. I just need...a break." I sighed. 

"We should get going to the bus towards the sea now. The teachers called before." 

"Sure, let's go." We headed towards the buses at the entrance. 

The girl was hugging Taehyun's arm. He won't be sitting with us for sure. I looked in his direction. His eyes were on me. I looked away and boarded the bus. 

I sat by myself on the way to the seaside. When it was time to get on the boat, the "couple" had to sit with us. Nobody talked. it was really quiet. And awkward. 

"Are you okay?" Seungyoon asked. I nodded. 

We arrived at the other side and we rode the bus to school. We got out and the teachers dismissed us. We walked home. Taehyun had to take the girl home so it was everyone except him and Yuri. Yuri goes the other way home, plus she's getting picked up. I stopped by the convenience store to buy some ice cream and chocolate for us. Jinwoo and Seungyoon said they want to stay at our place for the night, so we will be enjoying it with ice cream! 

I picked a few flavors and different types of chocolate. I went to the counter to pay. I took out the money I had. I was a few bucks short. 

A  hand reached out to the cashier, holding a few dollar bills. I followed the arm up to the person's face. It was Taehyun.

I grabbed the sweets. 

"Thanks for paying. I'll pay you back tomorrow." I walked out of the door of the store. 

"Wait. Let me help you." 

"No. It's fine. I don't want to owe you anything." I quickly crossed the road home. Leaving him watching me. 

I entered the apartment and placed the ice cream in the freezer. Jinwoo and Seungyoon entered a few minutes later, ready for a sleepover. 

"Wanna watch a movie?" Seungyoon suggested. 

"Sure." We all agreed. 

We started the movie. We each had our own ice cream and chocolate bar. after we started, the doorbell rang. We paused the movie and opened the door. Minho and Seunghoon stood there. 

"Meet me at the park." They said unison. I frowned. 

"Who?" Jinwoo asked. 

"Jinnie." Minho answered. 

"Who is 'me'?" 

"Not allowed to say." Seunghoon said in a robotic voice. 

"Okay. I'll go change." I hesitated going to my room. I came out in a hoodie and sweatpants. 

"Do you need us to go with you?"

"No one else is allowed to go." The two messengers answered in unison. 

I had a feeling about the person is Taehyun but who knows. 

"Bye." I left the house with my keys and phone.

I walked towards the park. It seemed deserted though there were people here and there. A shadow stood under the light stand. I couldn't see who it was. I stepped closer. 

"Hyejin." It spoke. I stopped. It's Taehyun. I turned and walked away. My keys jingled as I took each step. 

Stupid Minho and Seunghoon. They got me into this. 

In the midst of my fuming thoughts, arms wrapped themselves around me.

"Let go of me!" I exclaimed, trying to free myself. 

"I can't. I can't risk losing you. Again." I stopped struggling. 

"Why do you keep doing this to me?!" My voice cracked. My eyes brimmed with tears. 

"I'm sorry. Stay with me. Trust me. What I said there was true." He laid his head on my back. 

"She said if I don't do whatever she tells me to do. She will harm you. She was willing to kill you. I just don't want you to get hurt." He explained. 

"Why should I listen to you?" I asked. He showed me his messages with her. There was so much. He objected so much but he had to do them. 

"Is that why you kissed her?" He nodded shamefully. 

"Why did you tell me earlier?"

"You kept avoiding me..." 

"Oh....oops?" I squeaked. My cheeks felt wet.

"Oh, come on. Don't cry." He wiped my tears away. 

"You pabo. You didn't have to sacrifice yourself." I punched him on his chest. 

"Ow, that hurts." He fell back. 

"Omo, I'm so sorry. Are you okay?" I patted his chest. His arms immediately wrapped themselves around me.

"Yah! You liar!" I punched him harder this time. 

"I hate you! I hate you! I hate you!" I kept punching him. 

"Yah, this time it really hurts." He held my wrists before crashing his lips into mine.