Chapter 10

He pulled me deeply into the kiss. His arms went around my waist. My hands went up to his neck. He pulled me closer to the him. My chest on his. I soon became attached to him. I tried to pull away but it didn't work. He would pull me even closer. 

Hyejin, you can't do this. You have to let go. 

I pulled away, staring at him. I took off. I ran away. I didn't know why. My feet carried me home. 

The next day, all of us met up in the morning before class. It was really awkward for me and Taehyun. We didn't really talk. We would make slight eye contact. I would feel his eyes on me, but I chose not to stare at him. I kinda felt ashamed to my promise, I made years ago. 

After school, Jungmi came up with an idea of going to the boys' dorm. She and Jinwoo will be buying snacks. Seunghoon, Minho, and Seungyoon would be cleaning the house. She told me to go buy drinks with...Taehyun. We walked to the store in awkward silence. 

"Hyejin-ah.." He began. I pretended I didn't hear him. 

"I know you swore, you would never see me again and never fall for me, but..."

"Now, you know. Will you leave me alone?" 

"I can't. I don't know why. But listen to my side of the story.  Please." I stopped and waited. 

"Look, at the park before you came. I was told to leave Korea to the States. Though I didn't want to. Yes, I loved you but I couldn't have you wait for me, for years. I couldn't. So I acted cold. But the moment I left, I regretted everything. When I ran back, I saw you with Jongin." He held my hands in his. Staring into my eyes. 

Silence stretched....

"I don't want you to leave me." His arms wrapped around my body. 

"I can't have you leave me. I already did before. I can't risk anymore." His embrace became tighter. 

A second later, my phone rang. Interrupting the atmosphere. 

"Hyejin-ah, what's taking you so long?!!" Minho screamed into the phone.

"I bet you did even start cleaning the apartment yet." I snapped back.

"Hyejinnie, it's Seunghoonie! Come back quickly. Don't wander off."

"Okay, okay. We'll be back in 10 minutes. Bye."

We walked into the store and grabbed a few bottles of drinks. Paid, and left. 

Taehyun unlocked the door and we stepped in. I placed the bag of drinks on the floor and slipped my shoes off. When I looked off, Jungmi was staring at me with a smirk across her face. I looked at her, puzzled. 

I handed them each their own bottle of soda. I came to sit down beside Jungmi. 

"So how's the trip?"

"What are you talking about?"

"You and Taehyun obviously." She had kept her voice low so the others wouldn't hear. 

"Nothing. So how's you and Jinwoo?" I nudged her. 

"What are you talking about?" She had a flushed face. She kept it cool by holding her face in her palms. 

"So did something happen?" 

"I wish. But we did accidentally touched each other by the hands when I was reaching for a bag of chips." She had a shy smile on.

"Ooh, a good start." I grabbed and open a bag of chips. She dipped her hands into the bag and grabbed some chips. She, shyly, handed some to Jinwoo. 

"A huge step taken, I see." I teased her. She slapped me on the arm. Another hand reached for some chips. I turned my head to see Taehyun. He smiled before looking back at the TV. 

After the movie, we decided to play a game. A truth-or-dare game. 

"Truth or dare?" Minho asked Jungmi. 

"Um..., truth." She decided. 

"Do you like Jinwoo hyung?" He wiggle his eyebrows, curiously and teasingly. Her face flushed red. I broke down into laughter, knowing the reason. 

"Why?" She said with fake confidence. 

"Is it a yes or no?" Seunghoon smirked. She covered her red face and placed her head on my shoulder, shaking her head in embarrassment. 

"Oh, she does!" Seungyoon cried out, causing Jinwoo to blush as well. 

"Okay, okay. That's enough. I'm scared, they are going to die from the redness of their faces." I patted Jungmi. 

"Fine, Seungyoon. Truth or dare?"

"Dare."

"I dare you to...wet your face and dunk your head into a basket of flour." Seungyoon's eyes looked like they might explode. 

"My pure skin will be floured! Nuuu!" Seunghoon came back with a bowl of flour and a towel to get his face wet. 

Obediently, he wet his face and took a deep breath before dunking his face into the bowl. He pulled his head up and he looked like a white snowman. He blinked away the flour from his eyes. We all broke into laughter at his look. He quickly ran to the bathroom to wash it off. 

"Hyejinnie...it's your turn." Minho evilly laughed. 

"Truth or dare?" He smirked evilly. 

"Tru-dare." I decided. 

"I dare you to kiss Taehyun on the cheek!" Seunghoon cried out. 

I quickly diverted my head towards Taehyun. We both looked at each other than Seunghoon. 

"Aniya, aniya, aniya. It's not appropriate." I objected. 

"it's not like an intimate kiss on the lips or anything. Wait, let's change the cheek to lips." Minho nodded his head in agreement. Jinwoo chuckled while Jungmi smiled proudly. 

"Yah, Lee Seunghoon. You wanna die." I threatened him. 

"Sure, I'm scared. Ahh, she's gonna kill m-" He eyes widened and stopped talking at the same moment, Taehyun's lips fell onto mine. 

I lost balance, fell out of the circle. Fell flat on my back, onto the carpet. Taehyun fell with me. He was on top of me...! He quickly realized and got up. I followed behind. 

"KYAAA!" Seungyoon screeched. 

"Shut up, Kang Seungyoon!" We ordered in unison. 

"I see you kinda enjoyed it." Jungmi giggled quietly. 

"Shut up." 

"Jinwoo, truth or dare?" I asked. Jungmi's eyes widened. 

"I pick dare. I am a man." He answered confidently. 

"He is a man. If you are a man, I dare you to kiss Jungmi. On the lips." His deer-like eyes became wider. 

"That is you are a man." Seungyoon teased. 

He leaned close to Jungmi and....