Exes || Imagine Six

"Do you ever sit and wonder what our lives would've been like if we didn't breakup and if so, what do you imagine it being like?"

You read from the card, totally ignoring the lights and cameras on you. Your Ex and you were recording a small video for BuzzFeed and this was the first time you had seen each other since the breakup.

"I do all the time, I really don't have a specific vision but I do sit and wonder what would've happen if we kept at it and maybe got married or even had kids."

You exhaled, appalled at Derek's statement, it was deeper than expected. It was Derek's turn to take a card and ask you a question.

"Describe sex with me in five words."

You smiled sheepishly and looked at the camera.

"Interesting, different, fun, exhilarating, and comfortable."

Derek frowned at your strange selection of words but didn't speak upon it. You took a card.

"Why did we breakup and do you regret it?"

You chewed your lip and slowly placed the card onto the table. You and Derek had a somewhat smooth breakup except for the times when Derek refused to leave your apartment and accepting the consequences.

"We broke up because of my infidelities as a man. We broke up because I betrayed her trust by sleeping with a random while on tour."

You tried to stop the tears from coming down your face but the harder you tried the worst your nose burned. Eventually you just stormed off the set leaving staff frantic and worried as to whether or not you were coming back. Derek on the other hand took his hat off and hid his head in it, heartbroken at the clear sight of your pain.

"Derek, you good bro?"

Kevin, Derek's best friend, asked. He was one of the only ones who actually witnessed everything happen from start to finish.

"Yeah, let's just get this done."

You found your way back to set with red eyes but you were no longer crying.

"I do regret us breaking up, I regret getting to this point, I regret doing everything especially after seeing all the pain my baby is in."

Derek grabbed both of your hands and kissed the repeatedly. Whilst he kissed your hands he repeated the phrase "I'm sorry," just about a thousand times.

You both made eye contact and everyone surrounding you two could see the love still apparent in both of you guys eyes.

"It's okay but I don't regret us breaking up, I feel like I did my job and that was to help prepare you for soulmate, whenever she decides to come along."

At that point Derek didn't even feel pain, he was so numb drinking and smoking his feelings away. Derek pulled a card and smiled at the question.

"What's your favorite memory of us?"

Derek never let go of your hands and admired your features, physical and non.

"The night of my birthday when it was raining and we were joking around and I said, "We should just go outside and recreate the typical spinning in the rain cliché," and we did it, twelve o'clock on the dot. My favorite memory by far."

You smiled lightly.

"Damn I remember that."

You and Derek finished off the rest of the questions off sharing some laughs in between and a lot of I'm sorry's as well.

"I think we should end this video off with a kiss."

The producers chanted "kiss" over and over until you guys both agreed.

"We can't do just a regular kiss though."

After staff members removed the chairs and table, they turned on "Can't Believe It," by T-Pain. You and Derek began to body roll on the opposite side of the room, you pretend to throw out a fishing hook and reel Derek in slowly. As you guys got closer Derek engulfed you in a hug, you guys kissed before Derek whispered,

"I love you girl."

You smiled and the staff members awed. You took a brief minute to inhale his scent which was mainly weed and earth tones but it was heavenly.

"I love you too."