Disadvantages || Preference Ten

"State your name and age."

Derek signed with his fingers as well as spoke it. You both were making a little series for your son. He was only six months but one minute you're breathing, the next you're six feet under.

"Im Y/n and I'm twenty six."

You spoke as well as signed, you weren't born deaf, it happened a matter of two years ago after a bad explosion damaged your ability.

"Now this episode will be about Y/n's "disability," and how it affects her day to day life."

We got comfortable on the living room couch and began the video.

"Has there been times where your deafness got in the way of things?"

There was no doubt about it.

"All the time, Derek has many opportunities to do things and travel and the see some of the most beautiful places but I seem to hold him back more than I'd like."

He awed and gave you a kiss.

"It's not that she holds me back, it's the fact that I don't know how people will treat her. It's nothing more blood boiling than when people treat her like she's stupid."

You smiled out of satisfaction, you being deaf and Derek hearing, you had no choice but to have great communication, it was the only way for the relationship to work out.

"Do you ever wonder what it's like to hear our son speak, sing, or even cry?"

That question brought you to immediate tears. An explosion was the cause of your deafness and you used to take your hearing granted your hearing, you used to hate the sound of babies crying, but now you were willing to give up anything to hear your son cry.

"It hurts, it really breaks my heart, especially when you tap me and say, "He's singing," and point because I can't hear it, I'm always asking you "What is he singing," and he always looks so happy when he sings. It's tough."

Derek rubbed your back and kiss your cheek. People with hearing abilities really take their hearing for granted sometimes. You know, you've experienced it.

—+

Okay, done with preferences back to imagines. After I reach sixty imagines I'm gonna slow down on updating this book, but only because I'm publishing a book called "Delicacy," (it might change) and if you wanna know what it's about, I suggest you go read imagine two. *Hint Hint*

p.S.: this is also inspired by a YouTube video, it's so amazing it's one video apart from a whole series, I suggest you watch it.