Outlet || Imagine Twenty One

"Hey? You busy?"

You looked up to see Derek Luh. You responded with a no before closing your sketchbook and putting your utensils to the side.

"What's up?"

You spoke as you crossed your arms and placed them on the glass dining table. You and Derek were both at a small party that your mutual friend Dillon decided to throw; you both were located outside on the balcony where it was a bit quieter.

"I heard you were the girl to come and talk to if I wanted a different sound for my music project."

You were confused, although you could sing, you didn't have a passion to do it professional.

"I'm not sure if I'm the correct person to ask about anything music related."

You responded truthfully. You could sing but you felt like it wasn't your thing.

"Why is that? I know that you can blow but yet you never sing or get into background shit?"

You bit your lip trying to gather all the right words to explain yourself, although you didn't have too.

"It's because I have no clue how to do the background shit. I mean I don't know how to communicate everything I want to, in writing its just not my outlet. I also understand that ghostwriters exist, but I'm so stingy and prideful, I don't want anybody else to get credit for my thoughts just because I couldn't write them down like I'd like."

Derek could understand your point but you had a one of a kind voice with a one of a kind look, he saw your potential; at the same time he loved the fact you made sure you did everything passionately and genuinely, it said a lot about your character.

"That's dope, I like that everything you wanna do you want it to be genuine. What do you feel is your outlet, because you can't just keep everything bottle up."

Finally something you really enjoyed talking about.

"Drawing. Drawing is my heart and soul. I can't even describe my love for drawing, its just perfect for me."

Derek watched closely as the passion gleamed through your eyes.

"Is that why you won't get into music?"

He asked referring to your, "I can't even describe my love for drawing, it's just perfect for me" comment. You laughed but your heart was warmed at the fact that Derek was listening. Derek and you knew each other briefly, you guys crossed paths multiple times but never took the time out to have a conversation and part of the reason was because your mutual friends shipped you guys together; one thing you both had in common was the fact that you guys don't tolerate was nosy folks all in your business.

"What about drawing makes it perfect for you?"

Derek was a rapper and he found that his outlet was music so it was interesting and new for him.

"I think it's because when I was younger I wasn't allowed to have much of a voice so I never really learned how to spit out what I was feeling correctly, without leaving someone thinking "what the fuck?" I truly think that's why."

Derek just listened to you speak and kinda got to know you a bit better; you guys weren't total strangers but you guys weren't buddy-buddy. It was no secret that there was some type of attraction between you two and truly there wasn't anything or one holding you back, it was just yourselves. You and Derek chatted until there was nobody else but mutuals at the house. Your mutual friend, Jayla came up and interrupted your conversation.

"Hey you guys don't wanna come inside it's kinda cool out, and everybody left except for Nate and them but they're sleep."

You and Derek had been in lost in conversation, in your own little world, you guys didn't even notice the party was over.

"Damn the party is over already?" Jayla looked at you like you were crazy.

"It's four forty-five in the morning, the sun is about to come up, it's late."

You chuckled at Jayla's crazy reaction. "I didn't know it was so late, I just wanted to dance before the party was over."

You pouted and Jayla rolled her eyes before heading inside the house.

"If you still wanna dance I'm down to be your partner."

Derek smirked and you just chuckled.

"You better turn on the music then. Oh and just a little warning, when I dance I tend to get a little crazy."

You added and you both started to grind your bodies to the rhythm of Rico Love's Strip Club. A few songs in, Jayla being the little nosy girl she was, went to go see why you guys hadn't come in, but she was geeked to see Derek and You dancing away looking like you guys were having the time of your lives out on the balcony; Jayla had to capture the moment with a picture. (Your Ship Name) for the win. Jayla thought as she crept back up  the steps.