Monogamy || Imagine Fifty One

"What do you mean we're losing money?!" Derek Luh frowned at the news he was receiving from his best friend/business partner, Jax Bridges. "How much are we losing right now?" Derek asked as he spun around in his mahogany colored, leather office chair. "We just lost ten-thousand yesterday, I know that's not a lot but the clients said the reason why the withdrew their offer is because of the lack of profession we carry. It didn't make them feel secure." Jax rolled his eyes at the statement because he knew that the scale of profession here was beyond exceeding standards. "I don't understand how that's possible..Y/n always has that under control; she's one of my best workers." Derek claimed concerned, as he checked his cameras to see what his workers were up to in the moment. "You need to fix that problem quick before ten thousand turns into ten million in lost funds." Jax tapped Derek's shoulder lightly as he exited the main office.

Derek looked at his screen in disbelief, Y/n was sleeping on the job. Derek stormed out of his office highly upset, and ready to express his anger towards his secretary. He barged into Derek's office ready to tell her off but when he heard her snoring and saw her sleeping he didn't wanna wake her. Derek gently shook her limp body earning a groan from her. "Y/n, wake up!" She jumped up at the sound of his hand slamming down on the mahogany desk.

Y/n quickly fixed her appearance at the sight of her boss, who looked very disappointed. "May I ask, why you're sleeping on the clock?" Y/n sighed. Work has been horrible, and hard. "Forgive me Mr. Luh. I've been losing more sleep than usual. A lot more clients are trying to jump on this bandwagon; most of them aren't even eligible but are willing to take out loans. I haven't sleep in three days because of this." Derek could hear the sincerity in her voice but Derek suspected something more then what she was letting on.

Derek took a seat on the other side of the desk, in a small chair and crossed his arms, "Why don't you cut the bull and tell me the real reason as to why you're spreading drool on your desk?" Y/n was a little shocked at the choice of words. "I told you I-" Derek stopped her immediately. "Y/n come on. Next time you try to sell me that bullshit, you'll be packing your things faster then you can spell bullshit."

"Y/n, you know this time of year is always busy, and every year you've been on top of it; why the sudden change?"

Y/n sighed, the real reason was far too embarrassing but she knew that her job was on the line, and quite frankly, this job paid too well for her to play games.

"It's not that simple, sir; it's honestly very embarrassing."

Derek smirked catching Y/n's drift. A few minutes went by, neither them moved or said a word.

"Last year around this time I had a boyfriend and he was kind of the gas to my car, if you get what I mean. Just before Christmas we broke up and I thought celibacy was gonna be very easy for me but it isn't. My late hours, early mornings have been tough on me."

Y/n huffed as she swallowed her pride but she felt a burden lift as well.

"You don't have anyone you call too, you know..take care of that?"

Derek unbuttoned his suit jacket ready to listen. "That's the thing, I don't feel comfortable with one night stand's. I like the beauty of a relationship and the low risk of catching an std."

Derek laughed at her small joke; Y/n knew that Derek wasn't really the relationship type.

"I think you're trying to tell me something without saying it.."

He spoke in such a soft and silky voice.

"I don't have anything to say about your life because it's none of my business. We're two totally different people."

Y/n stated simply clicking her pen on and off.

"I don't believe in relationships—."

Y/n cut him off, laughing.

"You don't believe in relationships because you've dated anybody who didn't want something in return."

Mindlessly said, Y/n instantly regretted opening her mouth.

"I thought my relationships are none of your business?"

Derek smirked suddenly even more interested as to where this conversation was headed.

"It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that plastic barbie dolls that show up at your door every other hour are prima-donnas, very high maintenance, and expect everything for their services."

Y/n air quoted services and quickly added an eye roll. "I like this infatuation you have over me, you're like a very cute and grown fangirl." Y/n giggled as Derek's cheeks turned a bit pink involuntarily.

"Am I wrong about these girls? Did or do they all want something in return?" He looked down. "Derek I have to get back to work, so you have to show yourself the door.."

Y/n pointed the pen towards the door, and waved.

"I loved this talk we had, you should really reconsider your position as President for a therapist." Y/n joked lightly.

"Would you like the weekend off, plus the rest of the day?"

Y/n frowned deeply offended by this tease Derek decided to throw at her.

"Okay, I know that joke was a bit far but teasing me with a couple days off is just pure torture."

Derek stood there, very sternly, unfazed by Y/n's statement. "I wasn't kidding Y/n; there will be a catch but I'm genuinely asking." A wave of stupidity washed over Y/n as she came to her senses and remembered, Derek isn't one to joke about anything work related. "What's the catch?"

"I need a date to the Gala Ball on Sunday and you are a great contender; I'll take care of all expenses for the ball, and I'll get someone to take care of all your work."

Y/n wouldn't be Y/n if she hadn't retorted with something very sassy and unnecessary. "Why me? Are your plastic barbie dolls being wrapped and sold for the evening?" Derek rolled his eyes. A grown, sexy, fangirl' He thought.

"It's a win-win situation, take it or leave it." Y/n couldn't resist. A great couple of days of sleep then Sunday night she wisked away by a knight to attend a ball; perfect. "Okay Derek; I'll go." Derek smiled in victory. "Oh wipe the smile off your face, I'm doing this for the sleep, not you." Y/n cracked a small smile. "Really quick question?" Derek blurted as Y/n started to put away files and pens.

"Yes Derek." You looked up and waited for him to continue. "Honestly, how in the fuck are you single? I mean you're not ugly nor annoying?" Y/n rolled her eyes. "How can you not believe in relationships?" Y/n retorted quite curious; she heard of never believing in love or God but relationships? Never.

"In the wise words of my father: "Monogamy isn't realistic."

—// I hope you enjoyed. Monday my puppy turned one and I had mix feelings about it since it was supposed to be two not one but here's an update and excuse the errors.