Angel(s) || Imagine Thirty Nine

"Ok, I'll ask her but I doubt we'll be there, so don't hold me to anything."

You laid in bed with your eyes closed. Derek chatted with someone on the phone. Being in the state you were in, emotionally, was very tragic and sad to witness but there wasn't much to do about it.

"Baby, Gia and Swazz are having a little get together and they wanna know if we're gonna show."

Derek shook you lightly, he knew how fragile you were and hated it but he still tried to cheer you up and get you to smile as often as he could.

"Do we have to? I really don't wanna get up."

Overtime your best friend became the bed instead of actual people. Turns out a bed can become a lot more comforting than the people.

"Yes baby, you're never going to get pass this if you stay in bed all day."

Depression didn't only affect you, it took a major toll on Derek as well, he was always walking on eggshells in speaking aspects and he was more than terrified to leave you alone.

"My heart hurts Derek, I just wanna wallow around for a little bit more, just like a week longer."

He sighed and finger combed his hair.

"You said that six months ago."

Not once had you open your eyes since you both started conversing.

"Do you know why there having a party?"

You asked sounding like you were off some shit, some very heavy shit.

"No but we have to go. They miss you so much, and you ask me to keep quiet about the situation but I can't keep dodging their questions."

Derek entered the walk in closet and came out with a simple outfit for you to wear.

"I know I'm sorry, I just don't want anyone to know."

It was hard to explain but with friends it felt like you were in a cage and they all watched you for entertainment, like you were some reality star.

"Come on, I'm going to get the shower ready and we're going to go see everyone. Not only do they miss you but you need them."

Derek picked you up and carried you to the bathroom.

"I'm gonna let you get ready and I'll get dressed in the guest room."

Derek turned to walk away but you abruptly interrupted.

"Derek, can you stay please? Possibly even join me?"

It came as a surprise to Derek, for the last six months you shut him out in every way possible, the only thing you allowed was for him to sleep with you and that was because you were scared to sleep alone.

"Of course mami."

He stripped and joined you in the shower, reaching for the soap, he smiled. Derek missed his wife, the happy cheerful woman he married and he'd wait a thousand years for your return if he had too.

"Derek do you still love me? Do you think I'm a burden on you?"

You turned to face him very slowly, tears streamed down your face and you held your washcloth close to your chest.

"What do you mean? Of course I still love you, and you'll never be a burden baby."

He pulled you close and kissed your forehead and you melted into him, you both stood like that for a while just enjoying the moment.

"Let's finish getting dressed and let's go."

Derek kissed your temple and stood under the water.