Chapter 3: The Devil

As I roam around town my feet find some traffic lights and my eyes latch onto the park on the other side of the road, I wait with the other strangers until the repetitive signalling sound vibrates through my ears, informing my mind to move my legs and walk across the street.

My eyes adjust to the birds chirping in the maple trees, which are aligned along the massive bricked pathways. It definitely has a classier environment to mine back home and I love the multiple fountains spraying decoratively in all directions. All of a sudden my feet begin to ache and my shoulders feel numb from forcing my posture to stay up straight all day, so I decide to take a seat on a bench.

I observe the sun as it falls, it's light gradually turning invisible and the moon reaches its peak. I have no idea where to go or what to do, but I'm to tired, and this park bench seems like the best option so far. My sudden thought faded away for I already fell asleep in a click.

I wake up to someone taping my shoulder, I get a startle when I see Tyler. "I'm going to kill you" he whispers aggressively picking me up by tugging my arm harshly. I start to have a mental breakdown "someone do something! Help!" I yell at the top of my lungs, but for some weird reason no one was doing anything.

Every single person was frozen with shock, "Help, Help!" I yell again crying as he drags me into a taxi. "What did I ever do to you?" I shout at him, not afraid of him anymore.

"You killed her!" He replied yelling back.

"No you did!" I scream traumatised that he blames me for her death, me. If anyone killed her, it was him because she couldn't take his torture anymore. He's the devil and demolishes everything in his wake.

He destroyed my mother, disintegrated her, tore her, manipulated her and toke her for granted. I might have been the reason that they were pushed into marrying each other, but I would have never wanted this life for her, I know she deserved better.

"You little bitch!" He says while knocking me unconscious.

I wake up to someone taping my shoulder gently and I am extremely aware of the possibilities, but when I open my eyes it's still dark out and I see a woman looking at me intently. "Hello, may I help you?" I ask politely.

"What's your name darling?" She asks curiously.

"Lily," I reply sitting up and rubbing my eyes. I still can't believe that fight was a dream, it felt so realistic, so true to form.

"What are you doing by yourself?" She scratches the back of her neck with her fake finger nails.

"excuse me, I hope you don't mind but I'm extremely tired and I'm not in the mood to talk to a stranger," I glare at her, irritated. As I push myself off the bench, I eliminate the blurriness from my eyes by blinking repetitively. I try to get away from her by walking as quick as possible, I glance over my shoulder to view if she is still there. It's just my luck that she's picking up her pace, aiming to walk beside me.

"I won't be a stranger for long, you can ask me questions," she suggests, exhaling in exhaustion and stops, placing her hands on her knees.

I roll my eyes "ok, what's your name?" I ask impatiently.

"Rebecca," she replies enthusiastically.

"Why are you walking in the park so late at night?" I ask, crossing my arms over my chest with a raised eyebrow.

"Why are you sleeping at the park so late at night?" She answers my question with a question.

"Good question, but I thought we were trying to get to know you" I roll my eyes once again.

"Let's cut to the chase, you look extremely young to be sleeping by yourself in the park. Why don't you come to my house? I have a spare room" she announces. I turn around quickly, dreaming for a comfortable surface to rest my bruised face upon.

"Why haven't you asked about my bruises yet?" I touch my face embarrassed.

"I'm sorry, I thought we were trying to get to know me" she says with a smirk.

•••
Author's Note: I know this one is quite short. I hope you liked it though, comment what you liked about this chapter and please consider giving it a vote.
Love graycloudss
xx