Chapter 18: Caught

The unfamiliar feeling of Caleb wrapped around me of a morning, forms an extravagant smile across my face. His gorgeous eyes closed, his hair ruffled, and his adorable puffy lips obviously formed over night. Even though he's quite a mess right now, i'm proud to admit without freaking out that he's my mess.

I begin to reflect on how this was what I was afraid of; letting myself get attached and then eventually not wanting to let go, and last night I announced that I didn't want to lose him. That's the truth, because sadly he's my weakness.

I picture myself without him now and i'm depressed, unsafe, fragile than ever before. I can't consider him leaving anymore because he's already in my life, and hopefully he is making the right decision by being with me, but i'm not to sure about that. If he ends up crawling his way out of this relationship, I'd be left upset with the fact that he knew I was trying to avoid this situation in the first place.

I sigh, deciding to get up, but a certain somebody keeps on begging me to stay.

"Don't leave me, I won't be able to go back to sleep," he informs me, strongly pulling me back to his side.

"I don't want you to go back to sleep," I giggle, as he pokes his lips softly against the nape of my neck and wraps his legs around my body.

"Good luck leaving now," he cheekily smirks, proud that he is successfully annoying me. I moan, struggling to escape his firm grasp.

"Please let me go Caleb," I whine, throwing the sheets frantically everywhere, over exaggerating my every move to get out of this trap.

"Your being a child," he states, not letting go.

"And you're with this child, you have to deal with me if your going to purposely annoy me," I scoff.

He holds me tighter, suddenly terrifying me. "Caleb stop!" I yell, extremely serious, but a little to loudly. I notice stomping steps through the hallway, the sound increases, as they obviously travel towards my bedroom.

"Fine! What's wrong? Are you ok?" Caleb asks annoyed, but I have no time for this conversation. I already know that she heard me yell at him, but I can easily cover it up.

"Shut up Caleb," I whisper. Caleb and I both look startled into each other's eyes, realising that we have to actually get him out of the house, other than the front door. He jumps up, grabbing his phone and not bothering with putting his shoes on.

"Love you, have a good day," he says, giving me a kiss on the cheek, as he climbs out the window quickly.

"No, no, no, no, no!" I whisper worryingly. "You're going to kill yourself," I announce, pulling him back up by reaching for his arms, and roughly grabbing him.

"I'll be fine," he assures me.

"Please... this is ridiculous, we'll have to think of something else."
I attempt to pull him up, but after a second he effortlessly lifts himself up all by himself.

"Lily," my mother knocks on the door, while I shove Caleb in the closet. Closing the doors casually, as she walks into the room. "I heard you yelling..." she scans the room.

"Don't worry mum, I'm not talking to myself or anything," I giggle lightly, trying to ignore the disturbing feeling throughout my body, by securely placing myself in front of the closet. "I was just on the phone with a friend..." I inform her.

"Caleb?" she asks, suspicious about the boy that lives right across the hall.

"Yes, do you know him?" I ask.

"I'm good friends with his mother, I've never meet him before though," she admits awkwardly.

She pauses, anaylising the position of my guard like body. "Are you ok?" she asks concerned.