Chapter 8

Didn't edit, sorry. Picture is of Bailey's dress ->

Chapter 8

Back To School Dance

Tomorrow is the back to school dance. Marco promised to take me, and my mom offered to baby sit. She still wants me to be a normal teenager, but with more responsibilities. I'm glad that I can still go out and have fun although I have the twins to care for.

I walked down the hallway to my locker. I heard murmuring and turned to see two girls whispering to each other and looking at me. I gave them a weird look and continued walking. That was weird. I continued down the hall trying to forget about the girls.

I felt a light tap on my shoulder and turned to see the girls that were just murmuring. They had huge smiles on there faces.

"Yes?" I asked.

"Your name is Bailey, right?" The brunette girl asked me.

"Yeah." I said slowly and carefully.

"We just wanted to tell you that you're our role model. You had twins and you continue coming to school and getting an education. I imagine it must be hard, yet you seem to manage it so well."

"Thank you." I smiled. "It gets a little easier as I go along. But if it weren't for my amazing boyfriend, I wouldn't be able to manage."

Their smiles grew wider at the mention of Marco. I took a step back since they were beginning to creep me out.

"Is he here today? We wanna see him." The blonde girl said.

"Yeah he's here today. But... what grade are you in?"

"We're freshman."

"Then how...."

"My older sister used to go here last year. She graduated." The brunette girl said.

"Oh, well I guess you could meet him. Just to warn you, he doesn't like freshman."

I stopped at my locker before leading the two girls out to the schoolyard. I looked around for Marco, and saw him talking with his friends. I walked over to him and gave him a hug.

"Hey." He greeted, taking my hand. He eyed the two girls who'd followed me. "And who are you?" Marco asked them.

The two girls began to bounce up and down. I rolled my eyes and Marco gave them a weird look.

"Freshies." Marco muttered before turning back to his friends. I gave his hand a light squeeze. He looked at me and I gave him a pleading look. He sighed and gave the two girls a fake smile. "What do you want?" He asked them.

"You're just as hot as all the rumors." The brunette girl exclaimed. "I love high school already!"

"Tell me what you want or leave." Marco said, getting annoyed.

"Sorry." The blonde girl apologized. "We just wanted a hug from you."

"You're joking right?"

"No. We just want one hug from you Marco."

Marco looked at me and I nodded giving him permission. I could tell he was hoping I'd say no from the look in his eye. He sighed and leaned down to give them each a hug. I thought they'd pass out if around him any longer, so I shooed them away.

"Are you coming with me?" I asked Marco. "I'm picking up the twins and then going home."

"Yeah, I'll go with you. Andy already left so you're my only ride."

Once in the car, I drove to Nadia's house to pick up the twins. They seem to like it there, and that makes me happy. It's easier to part with them when they actually like the place.