Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Finding Out

I looked up at Justin and he was smiling down at me. I glared at him. What is he doing here at my school?

"Why are you here? And what do you want?" I asked him.

"It's been a while since I've seen you. I just wanted to say hi."

"You'd better not let Marco catch you here. Especially talking to me."

"I'm here with a date. I didn't come here to get you back. I just saw you, and thought I'd say hello. I'm not the same guy anymore. That beating from Marco put me in the hospital and it gave me time to think about things. I guess I owe him a thanks."

"Well I'm glad you're making changes to your personality. The other one was terrible."

"Yeah, I guess. How are the twins?"

"They're good. I named them Jason and Isabella. They're sweet, but they can be a handful."

"Are you and Marco back together, or are you here with someone else?"

"We're back together. He helps out a lot."

"That's nice."

Justin and I talked for a while until his date came and got him. I'd never seen the girl before, but she goes to our school. Andy came over and sat down beside me. He reached over and took my hand. I just looked at him. This is weird. I've never been in a situation like this. I don't mind holding his hand, but it's weird since I'm still dating Marco.

"Do you wanna dance again?" He asked me.

"Um..."

"Come on. Marco is still talking with his friends."

Andy pulled me up and dragged me to the dance floor. He placed his hands on my hips and we moved to the music. He pulled me closer so that there was no space in-between us. He looked into my eyes and slowly moved closer. My breathing sped up. Is he going to kiss me? I'll be really deep into the problem if he does that. I want out of this. I don't like this anymore. I don't feel the same attraction as before. Things have changed.

His lips were only inches from mine. I heard Marco calling for me, and Andy's grip loosened.

"We'll finish this later." Andy whispered in my ear before disappearing into the crowd. Marco appeared and he smiled at me.

"Sorry, I got distracted." He apologized.

"It's alright. I'm ready to go home. Can we dance one more time before leaving?"

"Sure."

Two Weeks Later

Ever since Marco and Andy have been on the football team, we haven't lost a game. Being on the cheer team is a lot more fun this year since the girls don't hate me anymore. Kassia joined with me which makes it even more fun.

I went to my spot and began to do the cheer. I'm a flyer so I'm a little happy that I'm not tossed in this cheer. It can be scary sometimes. After we finished the cheer, it was time for a break. I grabbed my water bottle and sat next to Kassia on the ground.

"Do you think we're ready to cheer at the game tomorrow?" Kassia asked me.

"Yeah. We've been practicing so hard. We're all perfect."

"Kelsey has been really pushing us. I don't understand why, we're perfect at everything."

I shrugged and looked at the football players. Marco is number 14 and Andy is number 52.