Chapter 29 (Part 1)

Chapter 29

Finding Out

Once everyone was gone, Marco and I left. The twins had fallen asleep about 30 minutes ago. I would go to sleep right now if I could. Lately I've been a lot more tired and I just made it through the wedding. I don't know when to tell Marco about the second baby, but it should be soon.

"Ready?" Marco asked me.

"Yeah."

Marco drove us home. It'll be our first night in our own house. Marco says he set up the bed and cribs already.

"Are you okay?" Marco asked me. "You seem more tired that usual."

"It's just been a busy day."
"I guess."

I don't even remember walking into the house. I woke up and looked around. I'm in our house. Why is everything set up and no boxes? I walked out into the hallway and went downstairs. I heard Jason's laughter and toys clanking together. I walked into the living room and saw Marco sitting on the couch watching TV and Jason and Bella playing.

"Morning." I said.

Marco looked up at me and smiled. "Morning. I was wondering when you'd wake up."

"Why are there no boxes? The house is all finished."

"It was my wedding gift to you, but you fell asleep in the car last night."
"I love it. There's no work to be done."

"Andy helped a lot. This is also his gift to you."

"You guys are so sweet."

I was feeling hungry so I made some breakfast. I hope Marco doesn't pick up that I'm pregnant, I'd rather tell him. I'm only so scared because he freaked out when I joked about it that one time. I'm afraid he won't accept the baby. I'll just hide it for as long as I can.

2 Months Later

I was sweating with my sweatshirt on. I should be used to it since I keep wearing them everyday.

"It's like 90 degrees.." Marco said. "Quit wearing the stupid sweatshirts and go swimming. We've been here for almost a month and our time here is growing shorter. You haven't been able to enjoy it because you keep sweating in your sweatshirts."

"I don't want to take it off. I'm fine." I need the sweatshirts to cover up my stomach. I'm actually quite big for 8 weeks. I look like I'm 9 or 10 weeks.

Marco and I walked back to our room. We'd gone shopping for a little while in town.

"Are you keeping something from me?" Marco asked me.

"No, why would you think that?" I unlocked the door to our room and went inside. Marco shut the door behind him.

"I can't help but think you are."

"What could I possibly be keeping from you?"

"I don't know, but it's suspicious that you're wearing sweatshirts 24/7. You even sleep in them!"

"Leave me alone. I'm tired."

"And why are you tired all of the time?"

I walked into the bedroom and kicked off my shoes. I climbed into the bed. Marco came storming into the room.

"Answer my questions."
"Just get out of my face!" I yelled. "Just let me sleep."

"Fine. I'm going for a walk." Marco left. Slamming the door behind him."

Back Home

Marco has been bugging me ever since the before we got on the flight back. He was starting to piss me off.