THE BITE

Lily James as Ariel McCall

Ariel McCall was sprawled lazily across her brothers bed, half heartedly flipping through an old magazine. Her legs thumped on the sheets, channeling her pent up energy. When the constant noise didn't get a rise out of her silent brother, Ariel groaned loudly and rolled to face him. The younger McCall was bent over his sink, washing his face.

She went to say something when a rustle from outside grabbed the siblings attention. Scott slipped on a shirt and silently grabbed a wayward baseball bat leaning on the wall of his room. Ariel, in lack of a better weapon, had snatched a hairbrush, brandishing it in front of her like a sword. The Mccalls shared a nod before creeping downstairs, attempting to locate the ominous sound. Flipping her blonde hair over her shoulder, Ariel quietly opened the porch door and stepped outside.

It was a warm night, one of the few left in summer. Crickets chirped in the distance and an almost full moon sat in the sky. Scott gripped his elder sisters hand tightly, the two inching farther into the deck. Their scared anticipation seemed to create a fog around them. At every squeak of the old wooden porch, the two flinched. At every rustle of the wind in the leaves, they held their breath. Suddenly, a figure flipped down from the roof, warranting chorused shrieks from the siblings. Ariel let her hairbrush fly, a satisfying thwack sounding as it hit the figure in the face. Scott moved forward with the bat, ready to swing when he recognized the face of their screaming intruder.

"Stiles, what the hell are you doing??" He yelled at the boy, who was suspended in the air by his legs grip on the roof. Ariel moved out of her cowering position behind her brother, seething.

"Stiles, I swear to god I am going to rearrange your face." She snarled.

"I think you already did that, sunshine." The boy snapped, holding tightly on to his nose, still smarting from her surprisingly accurate hairbrush hit. Scott glanced down at the short girl, a slight grin on his face as he watched her try to be intimidating. At 5'4, the blonde was about as scary as a kitten. "You guys weren't answering your phones! Why do you have a bat?" He pointed at Scott. "And why the hell you have a hairbrush?" He turned to the indignant blonde who's hand was placed on her chest, trying to regain a calm heartbeat.

"I thought you were a predator!" Scott yelled at his friend at the same time his sister took it upon herself to swear profusely at the thin brunette.

"A pre..." Stiles let out a laugh, staring at the two from his spot hanging directly across from him."Look, I know it's late, but you've gotta hear this. My dad left twenty minutes ago, dispatch call. They're bringing every officer of the Beacon department, even state police."

"For what?" Ariel stepped towards the balcony, looking down at stiles with a questioning gaze.

The boy released the ledge, flipping not so gracefully down to the ground. He looked up at the siblings with a wicked grin that only meant trouble. "They found a body in the woods."

"A dead body?" Scott exclaimed. Ariel let out a snort, burying her face in her hands before snarking at him.

"No, a body of water. They discovered a lake."

"Yes, dumbass, a dead body!" Stiles joined in.

"You mean like murdered?" The McCall boy wasn't really grasping the situation at hand.