MCDONALDS

"I don't like this." Ariel was splayed over the back seats, a grumpy look on her face as she stared down her two best friends. The pair had dragged her from her cozy little booth with the man she was wildly into, only to shove her into the back seat of Stiles run down blue jeep and detail their horrible plan. "Why the hell would you go back to that bus?"

"I told you, Derek said to use my senses." Scott closed his eyes in frustration, his annoyance at his sister slipping into his tone. Stiles was also sulking, not happy with the developing relationship between Scott and Derek, whom he still thought was a murderer.

"Derek also said that he would kill you." Ariel snarled.

"She's got a point, Scott. We literally got this guy thrown in jail for killing his sister. I seriously doubt he likes us enough to help you." Stiles agreed through a mouthful of curly fries, his eyebrows furrowed as he looked at his friend.

"Okay, but you didn't see how he acted!" Scott defended himself, grabbing a chicken nugget and popping it in his mouth. "Plus, it's not like we have any better plans."

Ariel huffed, taking a big bite of her chicken sandwich to avoid shooting out more snarky comments about the mysterious Hale. It was safe to say she wasn't the biggest fan of the shady man. He was an enigma, a violent one at that, and Ariel McCall had always hated riddles. Like seriously, when her kindergarten teacher asked her to answer one she flipped the table over and threw a chair at her.

"Meh." Stiles conceded grumpily. Scott sighed, happy that his friends had stopped questioning him. He had never acted well under pressure, it was a dangerous situation.

"McDonald's needs to step up their chicken game." Ariel looked down in displeasure, not content with the sandwich she held.

"Oh my-" stiles's eye twitched violently. "How can you even think of that right now?? We're on our way to a murder bus!"

"Well we're not there yet!" Ariel rolled her eyes, chucking her half eaten sandwich into a paper bag they had deigned the trash. "Plus, Meyers isn't dead."

"Yet." Stiles interjected. When the McCall siblings both sent him glares, he back tracked. "I mean- cmon he was mauled by a werewolf, you seriously think he's gonna be back on his feet any time soon?"

"Ever the optimist." Ariel snorted. "If he's not dead yet then I'm taking that as a good sign."

"Don't act like you're a ray of sunshine, you little twerp!" Stiles scoffed. "Remember that time I had a cold and you said I was gonna die?"

"Hey, your cough was pretty bad." Ariel sniffed, turning her nose up at the boy. "Plus, at least I didn't say you had leukemia like WebMD did."

"You-"

"Guys, shut up!" Scott interrupted, his voice ringing out through the car. "We're here."

And they were. Stiles slowed to a stop outside of the bus yard, his headlights illuminating the tall fence surrounding the vehicles. An immediate sense of foreboding filled Ariel and she shared a look of reproach with her brother.
Stiles on the other hand hopped out of the jeep, ready to scale the fence with a smile on his face.

"Hey, no, just me." Scott stopped him with a warning look. "Someone needs to keep watch."

"Wha-" stiles eyes twitched. "What about Ariel." The two boys turned to look at her. Ariel was splayed over the back seats, her feet in the air and her phone in her hands.

"Are you seriously watching some stupid youtube video right now??" Stiles growled.

She looked up with a frown, shaking her finger at him. "Listen here you dipshit, this is not some stupid YouTube video, okay? It's a Cat hugging a lamp. How fucking cute is that?" Ariel exclaimed, shoving the screen towards the two.