COINCIDENCE

Ariel stumbled into the clinic, Derek's good arm wrapped around her shoulders as he dragged along behind her. Scott had finally answered his phone after many voicemails and death threats, only to offer them no information at all and direct them to the animal clinic.

Luckily for the young werewolf, he had hung up before Ariel could tell him where to stick it.

"Ah god-" Derek let out a deep moan of pain as they reached the doors, falling off of Ariel and slamming into the metal. They pushed open at his weight and he crashed onto the concrete floor.

"Shit Derek!" Ariel screeched, running over to him. The werewolf retched, his body trying to release the poison that was flooding through his veins. "God you're really dying aren't you?"

Stiles had long since run off to turn on the lights and check the rooms, leaving her to deal with Derek. She was starting to get worried- as infuriating as the man was, he was their only source of werewolf information. Plus, he hadn't had the best life(understatement) and to die at the hands of an evil werewolf Hunting bitch wasn't a fitting end.

"I'm not going to die." Derek hissed in denial. "It just hurts."

Ariel sucked at her teeth. "What can I do to help?"

"What?" Derek looked at her in complete confusion, not being used to the compassionate side of Ariel.

"I said, what can I do to help? There's gotta be some werewolf voodoo to help relieve pain." Kneeling next to Derek, Ariel frowned at the look of utter torment on his face.

Derek paused, an unreadable look flitting over his features, before another fit of pain radiated from his bullet wound. Not wanting to be in her debt but wracked by the wolfsbane in his system, Derek gave in. "Grab my wrist."

"What?"

"Just do it." His eyes flashed blue as he let out a grunt. Ariel hesitantly reached out, wrapping her hand around Derek's wrist. It was burning hot and sweat slicked but she kept a tight hold. "Close your eyes and just imagine taking away my pain."

Choosing not to question it, Ariel gripped his wrist tighter and squeezed her eyes shut. She imagined the pain from the bullet wound radiated down his arm, into the hand the gripped onto her and then through into her own body. At first nothing happened and for a few moments Ariel believed she had failed.

But then her body erupted in pain, as if the wolfsbane had actually flowed into her. Opening her eyes in curiosity, Ariel watched as the veins in her forearm began to tinge black. The dark color began to travel up with her blood, with ariels eyes watching every move. She was in horrible pain, yet she hardly paid attention to it, too enamored in the supernatural process taking place.

The black was now at her chest, running towards her heart. It was only inches from tainting the organ when Derek ripped himself from her grasp and the pain came to a sudden stop.
Their eyes met for a fleeting second before Derek was pushing himself off the floor and towards the operating room. Ariel stayed put, watching the doorway he had disappeared into. Derek had seemed much better- had she really taken away his pain? If it was helping him, why did he stop? Did he not want her to hurt herself?

"What the hell are you doing?" Stiles bustled out of the door Derek had gone into, his arms full of latex gloves and face masks. "Why are you on the floor?"

Ariel didn't answer, instead standing quickly. It seemed that the healing process had affected her as well, as the girl stumbled and almost fell. Gripping the wall, she made her way past stiles, who was looking at her with a confused expression.

It was Dr Deatons operation room, one that she was very familiar with. While Scott was the one with the actual job, Ariel would hang around the clinic all the time. Deaton repeatedly attempted to hire her, but the health complications she had post werewolf weren't particularly employable.