QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS

The last place Ariel McCall wanted to be was next to Peter Hale. A few weeks ago she would have been elated, to be close to the gorgeous older man who paid her so much attention. For the first time in her life she had felt inexplicably drawn to someone and she'd never felt more beautiful than when in his arms. But time had changed that. Her previous attraction to the man had turned to revulsion upon the news that he was her psychotic, murderous alpha mate. She wanted nothing more than to be as far away from him as possible.

But as the past few months of her life had told her, Ariel didn't always get what she wanted. Which was why she was sitting in Peters car, leaning as far away from him as possible.

"You didn't wear the dress." Peter wasn't happy with Ariels choice of clothes, or her complete aversion to him. He was her mate and her alpha and it was really beginning to piss him off. Her lack of respect towards him was not appreciated what so ever.

"Did you really expect me too?" Ariel laughed sarcastically. Annoyingly, the blood red dress Peter had left on her bed had been gorgeous. It was tight and silky and complimented her every curve. Yet it was from Peter, so she had made a point of ripping it up and dumping it in the trash. As a statement, she had worn her rattiest pair of sweatpants and a shirt emblazoned with FUCK YOU in pink letters.

"We're really going to have to work on your attitude problem." Peter growled.

"We're really going to have to work of your sociopathic, murderous tendencies." Ariel quipped back. Her phone buzzed in her lap and she didn't have to look down to know who it was from. Scott hadn't been happy in the slightest when he found out Ariels plan. While the younger boy knew she wanted to find answers and knew that Peter had threatened their mother, he refused to help Ariel with the idea. He said it was too dangerous but Ariel knew she had to do it.

"You are incorrigible." Peter shook his head, his annoyance threatening to spill over.

"Then why me?" Ariel raised an eyebrow. Peter met her eyes with a slightly angry smirk. "You said you would answer my questions. That was my first one."

"Trust me when I say if I had known how annoyingly stubborn you are, I wouldn't have turned you." Peter sniffed, pulling the car over to the side of the road. He threw it into park, turning to look at his mate. This would be a long story. "After the fire, I was in a coma for six years. About a year in, a young girl who had been in a car accident came in to share my room. She was in a coma as well." Ariels breath caught in her throat.

"You mean-"

"Let me talk, dear. Now mates aren't something from a fiction book. You can choose them, up to an extent. Your presence came in a time of dire need. I was in my coma, making plans for my future and my revenge. When you arrived, I knew you would play a direct role in it. I began to shape my revenge and you were going to be a part of it. So when I saw you in the woods, I knew I had to change you. Granted, I didn't know how headstrong and dominant your personality was or I would never have chosen you."

"Why the hell did you chose an 18 year old? Aren't you like 30 or something? Oh god, I feel disgusting." Ariels head was swimming. Why had she never asked Peter his age? He had looked younger when she had been unaware of his alpha secret. She thought he was in his early twenties or something. She had been wrong.

"Stop interrupting. You want to hear this, don't you?" Peters temper flared. Ariel glared at him, but nodded none the less. "Alphas can make a conscious decision when they change betas. If they want to mate them, it will be a bonding process that will direct the rest of their lives. It can also be very dangerous. As those disgusting men hitting on you found out." Peter stopped to smile satisfactorily. "It takes a lot of power from the alpha. I changed you because now I can draw from your power. So therefore, you make me much more powerful."