BAD BAD BAD IDEA

"This is a terrible idea." Beacon Hills High School was abandoned. The last teachers had gone home hours before, leaving the building empty and unguarded. The sun had long since fallen below the trees and a darkness crept through the town, creating shadows and black.

It framed the empty building, the windows dark and casting eery shadows on the parking lot where three teenagers stood.

"I second that." Ariel nodded, rubbing her bare arms as a breeze blew through the barren concrete plaza.

"Yeah, I know." Scott sighed, sending aggravated looks to his sister and best friend. It's not like he had much time to plan it. He had gotten out of detention only to find Derek Hale about to kill his boss, the resident veterinarian. In order to stop the bloodthirsty werewolf, he had devised a shoddy plan to try and prove his beloved mentors innocence.

"Okay well at least you're not denying it." His sister rolled her eyes. "It's a self proclaimed shitty plan and we're still doing it?"

"Can you think of something better?"

"Well, personally," Stiles gestured to himself. "I'm a fan of ignoring the problem until it eventually just goes away."

"Personally," Ariel mocked him "im generally a fan of plans that DONT use me as bait!"

"Just make sure we can get inside."Scott brushed their comments off, instead turning to the sound of a cat engine. A black Camaro sped into the parking lot, revving its engine before skidding to a stop in front of the teens.

"Our resident showoff is here." Ariel rolled her eyes, unable to keep the slight smirk off her face as Derek stepped out of the car and glared at her.

"Where's my boss?" Scott immediately stepped forward, a territorial look on his face.

"He's in the back." Derek gestured towards the backseat of the Camaro, where Dr. Deaton was tied with duct tape and curled up in a ball.

"Oh, he looks comfortable." Stiles sniffed, cringing slightly as he caught sight of the man. Derek gave him a blank stare.

"This is all a little too creepy for me." Ariel pursed her lips. "I mean, Dr Deaton? My mate? No way."

"Have you ever seen them in the same room?" Derek drawled.

"Well no-"

"Then he could be the alpha."

"Ugh!" Ariel spun on her heel, flanked by her brother and best friend, and headed up to the chained doors of the school.

"Hey!" Derek called out. "Where the hell are you going?" With a slightly smug look on her face, Ariel turned to the older werewolf.

"You said I could draw him to me."

Stiles and his bolt cutters broke through the steel with a satisfying clank. Scott sent a very proud smile towards Derek, making sure the credit for the plan went to him.

"We're going to see if you're right." With that the three teenagers disappeared into the school and Derek cursed himself for not getting the fuck out of Beacon Hills when he still could.
Ariel was thinking along the same lines.

"Can we re evaluate this? He wouldn't follow me if I took the bus to Massachusetts would he? I mean he obviously has a vendetta against someone here who pissed in his cheerios, so I say we just get the hell out." She huffed when she was greeted with annoyed sighs. "When Beacon Hills turns into a playground for supernatural creatures, you're gonna wish we left in the first place."

"Beacon Hills is not gonna become some sort of beacon" Scott snickered at his pun "for the supernatural, okay? Once the alpha dies, it'll go back to normal."