THE HALE FAMILY RESEMBLANCE

His hands slid down the barren expanse of her back, the trailing fingers leaving marks of fire. His warm lips attacked hers, melding into a passionate rhythm. One hand pulled her hips closer to him, the other dragging up to cup the back of her neck.

Ariel sighed happily, her body whirring with pleasure as Peter held her close. She gripped onto his hair, pulling him as close as human possible. Bare skin rubbed against bare skin, the soft flesh sliding against each other. They lay tangled in a mess of limbs and heavy breaths, jean clad legs wrapped around eachother.

"So beautiful." Peters throaty voice reverberated through Ariels head as he mumbled them into her neck. She closed her eyes with a happy sigh as he began to suck and sensitive flesh at the base of her neck. "All mine." His voice grew darker, more sinister.

Ariels eyes flew open. Claws dug into her hips, teeth grazed her jugular. Peter looked up slowly, his once blue eyes shining a blood red.

She looked down in horror. A crescent tattoo sat proudly on his chest. "No-" he laughed. A deep, cruel sneer that sent shivers through her body.

"Hello, my Luna."

Ariel sat up with a strangled scream, tearing her mind from the nightmare. Her room swirled swirled around her and she braced herself, waiting for the feeling of terror to fade. Her heart was beating so hard she thought it might break from her chest. A thin sheen of sweat covered her body, slicking underneath the robe she wore.

With a start, Ariel realized that she had fallen asleep after her shower. After Peter had dropped her off, she had locked herself in the bathroom for hours, trying to convince herself that she had hallucinated the tattoo. With a frown, she noted that it was dark outside. She had just reached for her phone to check the time when it was torn from her grip.

"What the- Derek??" Ariel screamed, jumping out of the bed angrily. The older werewolf stood somberly in front of her, her phone in her hand. He didn't say anything, instead raised an eyebrow at her disheveled appearance.

Blushing, Ariel pulled the hell of her robe lower. "What are you doing here?" She noted that he still, annoyingly, looked perfect, even after being on the run from cops for a week.

"You weren't picking up." She heard the judgement in his tone.

"Maybe because I was sleeping, Sherlock." Ariel snapped, grabbing the phone from his hands. Her eyes widened as she saw how late it was and the amount of missed calls she had. "I missed the game?"

"You missed a lot." Derek said noncommitingly. "Why did you wake up screaming?"

"I-" Ariel bit her lip, looking away. She didn't want to even know how long he had been in the room when she was sleeping. She debated whether or not to  tell him about Peter. On one hand, she was worried for his safety. Last time Derek had suspected the alpha, he had nearly killed poor Dr Deaton. But Peter had been acting oddly and as much as she hated to admit it, it all added up. Ignoring the burning in her chest, she turned back to Derek. "I think I know who the alpha is."

"Took you long enough."

Ariels blood ran cold. She knew that voice. A shadowed figure stepped out from behind Derek. She had been so wrapped up in her dream that she hadn't noticed the third heartbeat, or the painfully familiar smell.