SADISTIC SHREW

If there was anything Ariel hated nearly as much as the alpha, it was chemistry. It wasn't as if she hated school or learning. In fact, she thoroughly enjoyed most subjects like English and History. But it was just something about Chemistry that she loathed.

A large part of it was definitely Adrian Harris. It was as no secret that she seriously hated that sadistic shrew. He made every waking moment in his class a living hell for her.

But the whole empirical formulas, stoichiometry, gas laws and chemical reactions would sicken her even if it wasn't taught by Harris. Ariels minor dyslexia made it especially hard for her to understand the letters and numbers in the formulas. It wasn't so bad that it impeded her in reading normal things, but math and chemistry seemed designed to fuck her up.

After all the suffering this god damned class room had brought her, Ariel sure as hell didn't want it to become her tomb.

She stood anxiously next to the closed door, her entire body tense as she strained to listen to her brother. She could hear his footfalls and breaths but they were growing quieter and quieter. Her werewolf hearing began to taper off before she couldn't hear anything but the heavy breathing in the room around her.

"Can you hear him?" Stiles whispered in her ear, sounding so much louder to her strained ears.

"No" she rubbed her temples. "He's out of my range." Stiles met her worried face with a reassuring smile.

"He'll be fine, Ariel. The alpha won't kill him, he needs him."

"Yeah." Ariel looked over to the other teens in the rom. "But he doesn't need them. Or you."

"Well great that's reassuring." Stiles snapped, turning away.

"You scared?"

"Uh yeah, kinda!" Stiles frowned. "Being trapped in a school with a murderous ball of fur doesn't sound like a nice time!"

"Hey I'll protect you." Ariel smiled patronizingly. "Don't be scared, Stilesy." A spiteful glare and an obscene gesture were sent her way. She chuckled lightly before turning to look through the room.

Allison was perched on top of a lab table, tears still silently flowing down her face. She wasn't happy with Scott, that much was obvious. She knew he was lying and that the three knew more than they were letting on. Maybe that was why she was sitting as far away as possible from Stiles and Ariel. Ariel didn't care. She didn't like crying people, especially when they made insignificant matter like trust issues in a teenage relationship such a big deal while they were literally trapped inside a murder school.

Ariel narrowed her eyes as Jackson stepped forward, taking Allison's hands in his and murmuring comforting words. Her brothers girlfriend didn't push him away, instead soaking up the attention. Ariel let out a scoff and looked over at Lydia, waiting for the girl to say something.

She didn't. Lydia stood silently a few yards away, looking down. She looked slightly dejected and Ariel hated that. Lydia Martin had always been a force to reckon with. She was hell in high heels. She didn't let anyone get to her. Yet, there she was, bottom lip trembling as her boyfriend flirted with her best friend and her best friend didn't push her away.

A split second decision led to Ariel hopping of the table she had slouched on and making her way over to the strawberry blonde. Lydia gave her an odd look but didn't say anything as she sidled up next to her. "So this is one hell of a night, am I right?" Ariel chuckled awkwardly, trying and failing to break the tension.

"Why are you talking to me?" Lydia spoke with hostility. "We're not friends."

"No shit Sherlock." Ariel couldn't help but snap back. "We're being chased by a murderer." She sighed. "I just wanted to see if you were okay."