FUR AND FANGS

When Ariel McCall was 7 she stole her brothers favorite sponge bob eraser. He loved the thing, a square of rubber with two feet and a tie. When Ariels very own Totoro eraser was lost on the bus, she had decided she would take second best.

It was a bad decision.

Scott McCall had not always been the happy little ray of sunshine he was now. His favorite toy was a fake machine gun, his favorite movie was some gory animated film Ariel couldn't even stomach. For some reason he loved wrestling and beating younger kids up. He also had a horrible temper. The boy was smaller than her, yet much stronger and huskier. She made a point to not piss him off, except for when they were around their parents. Then she quite liked to piss him off.

She had been careful, or as careful as a 7 year old could get. Ariel snuck into his room while he was napping, swapping his favorite eraser for a cheaper one that looked somewhat similar to his- she had stolen it from the open backpack of Marc Rainnie. But Scott had found out. To this day, she wasn't quite sure how. He wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed and he tended to be quite far sighted.

Apparently he took erasers really seriously, because the next thing she can remember was running away from an angry child. She had ran like there was a burning abyss behind her and a welcoming paradise in front. As if she would surely die if her five year old brother caught her.

Being chased by your five year brother and being chased by your bloodthirsty werewolf mate were not even comparable, however. As the closest 'running for your life' experience Ariel had had, she'd hoped it was somewhat similar. Sure, her seven year old heart almost beat out of her chest and her legs were sore for days afterwards, but she had outrun her brother fairly easily.

It turns out that the alpha and a five year old boy were quite different.

No matter how fast she seemed to run, how hard she pushed herself, he seemed to be only feet behind her. She could feel his panting breaths on her back, hear his growls. Her heart was thumping out of her chest, her breaths strangled as she pushed herself to run faster than ever.

Suddenly, it was gone. The three teenagers slowed to a stop, breathing heavily. Ariel held tight on to her brothers hand as she turned, looking behind her. The hallway was empty. Next to her, Stiles let out a relieved half whimper, half squeal. They had been running from that goddamn alpha for at least a half hour. Unable to escape the school, they had tried the locker room, in which they had only been yelled at by a janitor and then watched as said janitor was ripped to shreds for placing a hand on Ariel in an attempt to shove her out of the room.

On a normal day, Ariel would feel terrible for the mans death. And she did. But the current circumstances left little time to mourn over the third man who had died because of her.

The three had continued on, trapping the alpha in the boiler room, which he had promptly broken out of. Then, he had chased them.

Stiles was on the ground now, heaving in breaths of air. Scott had draped himself against a wall, panting but alert. Ariel was in the process of ripping off her god damned heels, throwing them as far away as possible.

"Those things need to be burned." She frowned. "I can't believe I didn't break an ankle."

"Those are" Stiles sent her a dry look and held up his hand, squeezing his fingers so they were about an inch apart. "Barely even heeled, you big baby."

"Yeah id like to see you wear them for more than a minute and not complain." Ariel snorted.

"Maybe I will-"

"Wait." Scott held out his hand, a thoughtful expression on his face. Fearing he heard the alpha, Ariel listened to the sounds of the school. "Do you hear that?"

"Hear what?" Stiles sent a scared expression to the siblings who both had far off looks on their faces.

"It sounds like a phone ringing." Ariel whispered.

"I know that ring." Scotts face became panicked. "That's Allison's phone."
He blindly reached for his phone before realizing Derek had smashed it and grabbed Stiles's instead. The phone rang for a few bated moments before Allison picked up.

"Stiles?" Her voice crackled from the receiver.

"No it's me." Scott spoke hurriedly. "Where are you?"

"I'm at the school looking for you, why weren't you at my place?"

"Where are you right now?" Allison was beginning to get weirded it by Scott's desperation and it was evident in her voice.

"The first floor."

"Where?" Scott was near hysterics. "Where are you exactly?"

"The swimming pools." Ariel wrenched the phone out of her brothers grasp.

"Allison, get to the lobby."

"Wha- Ariel?" The girl on the other side of the conversation was thoroughly confused.

"Go now." Ariel clenched her teeth.

"Okay, okay, I'm coming." With Allison's agreement, the three teenagers hung up and once again began running. All though, this time it wasn't what was behind them motivating them, it was what was in front of them. Allison was at the school, trapped in the same box as the alpha. She was completely innocent and the thought of the alpha murdering her like he'd done so many scared Ariel to no end.

They burst into the lobby at the same time as Allison. Scott immediately ran to her, checking her for injuries before pulling her into a hug. "Why did you come? What are you doing here?" He showered her in questions.

"Because you asked me to." Allison stated it like it was the obvious answer. Ariels blood went cold. Scott didn't. He would never have asked Allison to come here.

"I asked you to?" Scott looked dumfounded.

"Why do I get the feeling you didn't sent this message?" Allison was confused out of her mind. A quick glance over Scotts shoulder to see his sister barefoot and frazzled didn't help her nerves.

"Because I didn't."

"Allison, did you drive here?" Ariels mind whirred with the possibility of escaping the school and her mate.

"Jackson did."

"Jacksons here?" The McCall siblings screeched in sync as Stiles just banged his head on a glass trophy case.

"And Lydia. What's going on?" Allison was beginning to get hysterical. "Who sent this text?!"

"Good question." Ariel mumbled. The door slammed open, causing the frazzled teenagers to almost jump out of their skin. Lydia appeared, a bored looking Jackson toted behind her.

"Finally!" Lydia exclaimed. Her eyes surveyed the bedraggled teenagers, before pursing her lips at Ariel. "Why the hell are you barefoot?"

"Uh-" Ariel looked over at Stiles, who just cringed. "I was um, doing yoga! Yeah, bare feet are better for traction, you know? Get getting on my zen-"

"Can we go now?" Jackson cut her off with a roll of his eyes.

"Yes!" Ariel cheered. The prospect of escape dimmed when she heard rustling in the ceiling. Pieces of plaster fell down onto her face as she looked up at the bulge gradually growing closer. The alpha.

"Run!" They didn't need to be told twice. The teenagers scrambled away from where they had stood, dashing down the hall. They didn't look back, not as the ceiling gave out and the alpha crashed onto the floor.

Ariel grasped onto the hand of Lydia, tanking her behind her as they girl toddled away on her stilettos. As they ran, Ariel came to a decision.
There was absolutely no way in hell or beyond that she would ever ever allow herself to end up with the murderous, psychopathic ball of fur and fangs that was her mate.