~Chapter 81: Threats and Plans~

Once more I will reiterate that THIS STORY ENDS WELL. Having said that, this is gonna be a bit of a darker time. However, remember what our wonderful guys told us in their bonus track "Irresistible":

🌑🌑"Midnight doesn't last forever. Dark turns to light"🌞🌞

There. Keep that in mind. Okay? Okay good. Now, RECAP, and goooo:

"Well,well, well, what have we here? A lover's tryst in the middle of a party? How rude!Why wasn't I invited?" Niall stepped in next, giving them a once over.  "I never thought to see you this out of sortsuntil our wedding night, Princess," he said poisonously, "but it seems my dearbrother jumped at the chance to gain that courtesy himself."

Kalysta crouched and pulled her dress over to cover her body, continuing to hide behind Zayn. He stood in front of her and fixed his clothing as well.

"You know, I thought I saw something going on when you danced together, but I brushed it off," Niall pointed out. "Then I felt your hatred, Zayn, when I danced with her and held her so closely. Finally, the two of you disappear? Tell me, were you trying to be obvious?"

"Brother," Zayn said quietly.

"You are no brother to me!" the Prince hissed. "You. ruin. everything! You couldn't let me have this one thing! This one thing! I just wanted to get away from our father! Did you ever consider that? Did you ever stop to think about anyone but yourself? I hated being around a madman! You think you things were bad for you because you're Bradian, but I was the heir! You got to leave whenever you wanted, but I was trapped! Then, this one chance I get to escape and you try to ruin that too! By taking her maidenhood you've destroyed the chance of peace between our nations! All for your pitiful attempt at love. I can see it. I can see it in the way you hide her behind you. Oh, you always were the romantic, Zayn. Never had enough sense in your head to use women the way they're supposed to be used.

"Take him to the dungeons, men, and then come back here," he ordered next. "I expect you put the fear of my father into him on the way."

The guards moved forward and yanked Zayn away from her. He tried to stand, but one guard kicked him in the legs and another brought his knee up into Zayn's face as he fell. He dropped to his knees and they grabbed him under the arms and hauled him out of the room.

Kalysta watched all this in horror, feeling sick to her stomach and wishing she could fight back. But what would that accomplish? They'd been caught in the act, just as if her worst nightmares had come to life. She wished she were dreaming again.

"Princess Kalysta," the Prince sighed, "I am simply shocked that you'd be so selfish as to allow this. You were willing to suffer and give up your own happiness in marrying me, but then you go and throw all that out for a quick romp with a bastard?

"It's a good thing I'm more merciful than you realize," he added. "I'm choosing to ignore this. Am I not a merciful fiancée?"

What could she say?

"You'll learn that when I ask you something, I expect an immediate response," he threatened in a low voice, "but all in time."

The guards came back in a moment later and Niall sighed.

"I want you to watch this, Princess, and remember the next time you choose to defy me that I will get what I want, the difficult way or the easy way."

Without another word, the Prince whipped a sword out and killed the three men, right in front of her, a slice to the neck here, a slash there, a stab to the last. It was over quicker than she could believe. He was obviously an incredible swordsman, but having it displayed so brutally was beyond her realm of comprehension.