~Epilogue~

The little boy ran down the corridor as fast as his two-year-old legs could carry him. It wasn't fast enough, for he was swept off his feet and hugged close.

"Thought you could escape, eh?" Zayn growled at him with mock ferocity.

Finley laughed and squirmed in his arms, trying to get away.

"Nope," Zayn chuckled, holding him close. "There's no running for little Princes who don't finish their meals."

"Nooo Dad!"

"Come on, bub, let's go see your mum. I think she could use some company."

Finley stopped squirming at this idea and allowed himself to be carried.

They entered the room and Zayn set him down. Immediately, Finley ran over to the side of the bed that wasn't occupied and climbed on.

"Hello, sweetie, how are you?" Kalysta asked Finley from where she was reclined, patting the bed beside her. He was eager to join her, his bouncing energy making her laugh.

"This little guy ran off before dinner was over," Zayn said, walking over to join them and bending down to kiss her cheek.

"Zayn!" she protested. "He's supposed to be learning discipline, not leaving because he's bored!"

"Ach, dinner was the salmon with asparagus," he answered, making a face. "Can you really blame him?"

Kalysta gave him a withering look, but couldn't help the smile that crept up next. "No, I suppose not."

"How's the little one?" Zayn asked, sitting on the edge of the bed.

"I think Mama Gia is being overly cautious. It's fine. Feel for yourself," Kalysta sighed, grabbing his hand to put it to her stomach. "With how much kicking is going on, let's hope the babe swims as well as you do."