~Chapter 25: Murdoch Knocking~

This is a short chapter, sorry, but I wanted to give you all something! And this introduces a HUGE crux of conflict in the story. See if you can figure out what it is! ;)

Also, this is a list of some of the lovely people who have been voting consistently. It's only some of you, but I just want to say thank you!!!! MaggieMaria_ repunzelbee Larry_Swallows TalishaMohammed lilfati_01 heygirlmimi Livi_Malik22 jm2602 (ESPECIALLY) MadOverMalik ChelseaMxoxo najah1D (ESP) lxl_Zalaina_lxl zaynciggs Zaynmxgnet zvolcanol articzjm.

Some of you have been voting since the very beginning and I just can't fathom how awesome you guys are!! THAAAAANKK YOU!!!

Now it's back to the Partheos with Kalysta and Louis

"Welcome to the Partheos, Princess," Louis breathed as he stepped off the ladder behind her.

"What have we here, Tommo?" one of the men asked, shoving a lantern in her face. Kalysta counted around 25 men total around them. "Why is this lady on board and why is she in trousers? Not that we mind, do we lads?"

Kalysta drew herself up, intending to give him a stern lecture on how to address a lady when Louis elbowed her.

"This is a friend of Zayn's, men," Louis called out, stepping forward and attempting to pull the attention to himself. "We're taking her aboard for a time under his orders and she's not to be trifled with. Any man showing this woman even a bit of discourtesy and it's work cleaning the head for a month!" (A/N: the head is the latrine/bathroom/loo/facilities aboard ships and vessels :) "Now, continue as you were! We'll be pulling anchor tomorrow or the day following, so I want this ship ready to sail before then.

"Alright, come with me," he said to her.

She followed him to the ladder leading below. It was dark and dank as she stepped down after him. The sole lighting was provided by lanterns, but they only allowed for visibility a couple of feet around them. As such, she could only see vague shapes of things as she stepped to the floor.

"Princess," Louis said, stopping and turning to her abruptly, "we need to talk."

"What's wrong?"

"I understand your reason for this journey," he began, stepping into the light of one of the lanterns, "even more since I've heard your side of things, but I want you to understand fully what you're getting yourself into."

"I know the dangers of what we face," she complained. "Despite the suddenness, I'll have you know that I thought this through considerably."

"You thought about it, but I doubt you have enough knowledge to make a fully educated decision on it."

"What do you mean?" She'd learned in their short time around each other that this man knew things, understood things that she hadn't considered. If there was something to give him pause now, she figured that he deserved the benefit of the doubt.

"You know who you're dealing with, who you're up against, but you don't know everything about him."

"Get to the point, please."

"If Niall or Murdoch finds out about this journey, then you can be sure that they will immediately declare open war. Their attack will be swift and merciless."

"I'm aware they wouldn't be the happiest, but abandoning all civilities and starting the war from this?"

"You're the foundation of their plans," he continued. "You are the only hope for peaceable agreement between Mullingar and Elysium. Mullingar law states that rulers and heir must marry a maiden of royal blood and if that's in question-"

"I beg your pardon?" Kalysta gasped, interrupting him. "I will not discuss such matters with you, neither will I let you presume as to know my status on it."

"I'm not presuming anything, Princess!" he cried. "But Niall and Murdoch will!"

Kalysta turned from him.

"My first reaction is to call you horrible names and throw a tantrum, but I'm attempting to change such attitudes," she hissed. "Now please fully explain yourself."

"If they think there's any chance you're not a maiden, they will not have any other available method for diplomatic occupation, because Niall cannot marry you. They won't hesitate. It will be war."

"And that status will be in question if they learn I've been on this unchaperoned journey," she surmised, turning back to him.

"Yes," he breathed. "That's why this whole endeavor worries me. If we travel to the other countries it will be impossible to hide your identity. Mullingar has spies everywhere. We risk Zayn's cover, your cover, and your country's fate in this."

"What would you have me do?!" she responded, gesturing angrily. "Should I just marry the Prince and watch him destroy Elysium from the inside? The other rulers ignore this and they will dupe themselves into thinking nothing is wrong until the moment Murdoch knocks on their castle walls. I will reach them, and I will shake them from this complacency before Dalitrise is lost forever!"

Louis looked pained. "I just want you to know what is risked here, how much Zayn is chancing in this." His voice was low once more.

"Thank you for making me aware," she said, "but it changes nothing."

A/N: DUN DUN DUN!

Again, sorry for the super short chapter, but I really wanted to give you guys something and apologies for not having more. College is not as awesome as Hollywood would have you believe.

Anyway, on to cheerier things. ZAYN AND KALYSTA AE BACK TOGETHER IN THE NEXT CHAPTER!

(UPDATE)

Huge apologies to Larry_Swallows. Didn't realize you were the same as najah1D until I went back and checked. At least you get thanked twice. Aha.