Oh...

Oh...

"This will be good for us," dad said putting the last box into my room. "A new start. We can start fresh with new people," he said.

I think he was trying to tell himself this more than me. "I know Dad," I said smiling at him as he left my room.

My dad and I have gotten closer over the past month. A lot has happened since we found out that I had cancer, leukemia, after the news of that my parents got a divorce. They never said that it was because of the news of my cancer that they had split up, but I knew. Right after we found out about the cancer they started fighting more, and it would be pretty bad sometimes where my dad would leave home and sleep in a hotel instead. A part of me knew it was my fault, but then the other part of me knew that I could'nt help that I had cancer and if my parents truly loved one another then they would have stayed with each other.

Then things started getting pretty complex at school, when people found out that I had cancer they started treating me different. They either treated me like I was fragile or they were afraid to touch me because I was contagious. Not to mention about every time I walked in the hallways people would point and whisper I heard she has cancer, yes I HAVE CANCER. Teachers would never assign me homework becasuse they thought that it would be too much for me to handle. Even the lunch ladies would make me special food because they were afraid of hurting my immune system.

School was not my favorite thing in the world especially since it was small and everyone knew I had cancer, I was'nt known as Danielle Simmons, I was simply known as 'the girl with cancer'. I got depressed I couldn't hang out with my friends any more, because I was anxious that they thought the same thing that everyone else in the entire school thought about me. I soon was diagnosed with not only leukemia, but social and regular anxiety.

Regardless the main reason why me and my dad moved to New York was because they had a good hospital that specialized with children's/teen's leukemia; it was what my old doctor suggested especially since we were living in a small town they would'nt be able to get supplies as fast, and they didn't really specialize in chemotheropy.

"Danielle!" I head my dad yell from the kitchen.

"Yes," I yelled back.

"Pizzas here," He screamed.

I made my way to the kitchen to see two pizza boxes laid on the counter. I grabbed a plate and loaded two slices on my plate. "I should probably go over some rules while your here," dad said.

"Rules?" I asked him. Since when did I ever have rules?

"Yes just some small stuff I made a list," he said pulling it out.

"Okay?" I questioned not really knowing what to expect.

"Clean your room. Make sure that you tell me if your in pain," he said, looking up at me giving me a serious look before continuing "You will have check ups twice a week Monday and Thursday until you start chemotherapy, and I expect you to be there on time. I'm serious Danielle this is a rule that I am not going to mess around with," he said giving me a look.

"Okay I will. How long do I have until chemotherapy?" I asked him.

"I don't know it just depends on what the doctor says" He said rubbing his eyes.

"Oh okay," I replied taking a bite of my pizza.

"Danielle I enrolled you in school too, I can drop you off or you can walk if you choose, I think your first day is in two more days, and then I'm pulling you out of school for the doctors appointment," he said.

"Dad can you not tell any of the teachers or administrators that I have cancer, because when that happened last time it made school really depressing for me," I told him eating a pepperoni.

I could see a sad expression on his face "Sure thing sweetie," he said "Are you going to finish your pizza?" he asked me, motioning to the half eaten slice on my plate.

"I already ate one and I'm feeling kind of stuffed," I said putting whats left of the pizza in the pizza box.

Tell me what you think about it. New chapter will be uploaded soon