Oh...So Like Dark Vader

The hospital was the only place where I could actually feel comfortable without wearing wig. I don't know if it was because other people were bald or because people (doctors) knew that I had cancer.

"Danielle your looking fine I don't see anything that's out of the ordinary from you. I'm going to let you decide if you want to do a bone marrow transplant. You can wait because you seem fine, but you're going to need one in the future, it'll make your chances greater," Dr. Collin said.

When he said chances greater he meant that this will make me live longer. Dr. Collins didn't believe in saying the D word, because it made is patients loose hope.

My dad looked at me expecting an answer. "I don't know," I said.

My dad nodded "We'll let Danielle think about it and when the time comes when she has made her decision I'll let you know," he said.

Dr. Collins nodded "I'll let you go to the therapy session," he said.

I'm assuming that he was going to talk to my dad more about the situation. I walked to were the therapy session was held.

"Oh Danielle there you are, we are so glad you could make it. might I say that you look fabulous without a wig," Miss Grace said.

I took a seat I was late but it didn't matter because I was seeing my doctor. The group sessions were pretty boring I felt bad for Miss. Grace she was the only one who tried to cheer us up and get us talking. It's not easy to do that when you're in a room full of grouchy teens. On top of that their going to die which makes it more of a depressing atmosphere.

"Would you like to tell us what's going on with you?" she asked.

I sighed running my hand along my shaved head. "Well I think I might have to do treatment sooner or later but it's really up to me when I want to do treatment," I said.

Most of the people have already been through treatment "Any advise you guys want to give Danielle if she does want to go through treatment?" Miss Grace asked the class.

"Make sure you get rest and sleep when you're bored that makes the time go by fast," someone said.

"Bring lots of entertainment you're going to be stuck in the same room for about two weeks or more depending on the treatment," a girl said.

I nodded my head "Oh and invite your friends over that always makes everything better, but sometimes they get bored so don't invite them over often or they might not come over," she added.

I smiled as Miss Grace continued talking to some other patient. Through the rest of the session I didn't pay attention. I was caught up to much in my thoughts.

So if I decide to go through treatment I won't even be able to have my friends over unless I lie to them. Even then their probably not going to want to visit me because that would be boring, there's nothing to do in a hospital.

When the class ended there was my dad sitting in the waiting chairs. Unlike me most of the people go back to their rooms because their not healthy enough to leave the hospital. That's usually when they are going through treatment or they are about to die.

"Ready?" he asked me.

I nodded my head "So how was it?" he asked.

I rolled my eyes at him "Okay," I responded.

This felt like a conversation that should happen after you come home from school. He was asking the same question and was getting the same answer back. I put on my wig and beanie as we exited out of the hospital.

"Do you know if you're going to want to do the bone marrow transplant?" he asked.

I shrugged "I want to do it I'm just thinking of when would be the right time to do it," I said.

My dad nodded as we got into the car. "Hey dad can you take me to Logan's?" I asked him as I read the text Logan gave me.

"Sure where does he live?" he asked.

I told him the address and when my dad pulled up to the penthouse he asked if I would need a ride home I shrugged in response not knowing if Logan was going to take me home.

"See you later," I said getting out of his car.

Once I went to the penthouse I waved at Walter and Logan was there on one of the lounge couches texting.

"Hey," I said sitting down.

"Hey Danielle!" he said over dramatically he put his arms around me tightly and pulled me on top of him as he laid down on his back.

I got up only to be pulled down a little more. "Logan what's your reason for this?" I asked him.

"I missed you of course," he said.

I rested my head down on his chest "So I've been thinking about how you said that you get kind of lonely living alone. I think I've thought if a solution," I said.

"What would that be?" he asked.

I lifted my head up "A puppy," I said.

Logan gave me a weird look "Don't look at me like that hubby. I mean think about it dogs are the best," I said.

"Ugh Danielle I don't even know if dogs are allowed here," he said.

I shrugged "We can ask Walter," I said.

"Okay," Logan said getting up slightly and putting his hands on my back to make sure that I wouldn't fall.

We got up and walked to the desk where Walter was standing behind. Walter looked up "Is there anything I can do for you Logan and Danielle?" he asked.

Logan nodded "I was wondering if I could get a dog," Logan said.

Walter looked at him "You can have animals, but you have to make sure that you take care of it," Walter said.

Logan nodded grabbing my hand and pulling me towards the elevator. "So I guess we should probably look into some dog places," Logan said.

-----

"Are you sure that you want a puppy?" the woman asked. "It's a big responsibility," she added.

I was getting kind of annoyed by the lady she was treating us like we were children that didn't know what we were doing. I mean we spent two weeks doing research about training them and what food is good to get them. The only thing Logan had do decide was if he wanted a border collie or a husky for a puppy.

Logan nodded his head "I'm very responsible and I think a dog will be good for me," he said.

The lady nodded "Okay I'll let you choose one out while I get the forms," she said.

Logan and I stepped over the pen and all the puppies started running over to us smelling our hands. These dogs were new born about four weeks old. Which meant that Logan wouldn't be able to get one today, a puppy has to be six weeks with its mom for milk. So Logan would be able to get whatever dog he choose in two weeks from now.

"I can't decide their all so cute," Logan said.

"Don't look at me for help I'm going to say get them all," I said.

"Okay I think I want this little guy," Logan said letting the one that decided to take a nap in his lap.

"He's cute," I said petting the border collies head.

"Now a name," Logan said.

"What are your options?" I asked.

"I don't know I either want it to be a superhero name or a Star Wars name ," Logan said.

I rubbed his back "Well you have time to figure that out," I said.

"Okay I hope that you guys picked one out," the lady said giving us a sheet of paper for Logan to fill out.

"Yeah I want this guy," Logan said lifting him up to the lady.

The puppy barked slightly but it was weak since he couldn't bark yet and I almost died at how adorable that sound was. "Alright," she said putting a color on him with Logan's name on it that way she knew if was for Logan when he came back and got him.

Logan filled out the forms and said good bye to the puppy and thank you to the lady.

After that Logan and I went out to eat icecream.

"Danielle. My dads coming over for a few days," Logan said.

I nodded my head giving him a questioning looks "We don't really get along. Do you mind maybe staying with me or something while I'm at home and then I could spend the night a Austin's or Brock's or something. It's just we kind of fight a lot and maybe if he sees that I have a decent friend then he'll leave me alone," Logan said explaining.

"Oh...So like Dark Vader?" I asked him.

He smiled lightly "Yeah like Dark Vader, so what do you say?" he asked me.

"How long is he staying again?" I asked.

Logan shrugged "I don't know probably a few days a week at the most,"

I sighed "And all I have to do is be there whenever he's at home," I said.

Logan nodded in confirmation "Alright then," I said giving in.

Logan hugged me "Thanks Danielle your the best," he said.

"Of course people only like me when I'm doing something for them," I replied patting his arms.

ΨDOG NAMES Ψ

Start commenting dog names MUST be a Star Wars or a superhero name. I will choose and you guys can vote then the person or people who picked the name idea will get a little note shoutout.

YAY this story is Romance 632 and teen fiction 732 you guys are the best lets beat it!!!

I'll make the next chapter super long