Oh...bummer

Oh...bummer

Waking up every two hours for the second day was not fun. Not to mention I threw up twice, I felt like a pregnant woman.

I was slow at everything I did changing took me longer that it normally did and I could barely eat but my dad made me eat the bacon that he made. I could tell that he was trying to give an effort at cooking for me because he would have taken me to a donut place instead. That made me slightly happy, even though he burned the toast and scrapes it off staying it was still good but I could taste the burnt flavor still.

When I got to school I felt so dead I just laid down on the grass getting some rest. "Um Danielle what are you doing?" Millie asked.

"Go away," I said.

"Danielle what's wrong?" Ashely asked bending down next to me.

"I didn't get any sleep last night," I said huffing into the ground.

"Oh okay so you lay down in the middle of the grass," Millie said sarcastically. "Look I got to go and do some yearbook edits," she said.

"I'll go with you I'm probably not going to have a successful conversation with Danielle," Ashely said.

I sighed in relief as they walked away. I felt a poke hit my side "Is she dead?" someone asked and I'm pretty sure it was Brock.

"I don't know why don't you poke her again," Austin said.

This time Brock poked me harder. "What?" I asked them.

"Darling what are you doing on the grass?" Logan asked.

"Trying to sleep," I said but it came out as muffles.

"Say that again," Brock said.

"Trying to sleep," I said more clearly this time.

"Why are you so tired?" Logan asked

"I didn't get any sleep last night," I said.

I could tell that Brock and Austin left. "What happened to texting me?" Logan asked.

"Sorry hubby," I replied.

I felt him lay down on the ground next to me "What happened here?" he asked pointing to my neck.

I already knew there was a bruise on there I woke up with a couple on me. Probably because I thrashed around all last night. "Nothing," I said.

"Seriously Danielle you have bruises all over your arm. How can you tell me that's nothing?" Logan asked picking up my arm and inspecting it.

"Get away from me I don't feel like talking just leave me alone. I didn't get any sleep," I whined.

"Can you come over? That way we can do our project," Logan said.

I sighed "I'm sorry Logan I don't think I can. I'm really tired and my dad wants me home right after school," I said.

"Please I'll have whatever food you want," he said.

"No you won't you'll have the cooks make me whatever food I want." I said.

The bell rang and Logan got up "are you just going to lay there?" he asked.

I sighed getting up "I still have your hoodie by the way," I said.

"I know you can just give it back when we do the project again," he said shrugging and walking me to class.

I was nonproductive in all of first period I just doze off and put my head down until the bell rang. I did the same for second period and I could tell that Logan was slightly concerned.

When lunch came around I hid in the library pulling out my bucket list journal. I only had a few

1. Find dad friend or girlfriend
2. Learn to cook
3. Cook a meal (main and dessert)
4. Get a puppy
5. Learn how to knit
6. Knit a sweater

Even though I only had a few out of 100 I knew that there was no way I was going to be able to make 100 goals. When gym class came around I skipped it going into the nurses office just like yesterday and fell asleep. I got a little but more rest there and then school ended.

"Text me Danielle," Logan said.

I rolled my eyes at him "You know you can always text me too. I don't have to text you first," I said.

Logan sighed "I mean it I'm really worried about you for some reason darling," he said.

I smiled "Don't worry about me hubby," I said.

"I can't help but to worry about you when I see bruises. This isn't the first time I've noticed them too remember when we went paint balling," he said.

"I will text you and if I forget just text me," I said.

I heard a honk and then started walking to my dads car "See you tomorrow?" Logan asked yelling slightly.

I waved at him. I knew for a fact that I wouldn't be seeing him tomorrow. "Hey dad how was your day?" I asked him.

"Good how was your day Danielle?" he asked me.

"Alright," I said.

It took us a few minuetes to get to the hospital, but once we did I had to change into a hospital gown and I was put in a MRI scanner.

Me: Danielle was here

I sent to Logan. Then Dr. Collins came in my room "Okay Danielle let me explain whats going to happeen," he said taking a seat on the couch.

You could say that my room was pretty nice the walls were red and there was a couch, and a single recliner. They said that the regular visiting patients get the nicer and bigger rooms.

I felt my phone buzz, pulling it out I read the text.

Logan: You finally texted me I thought you would have forgotten.

I smiled trust me I wasn't going to forget after he made such a big deal out of it.

Me: You can always text me. I got to go so ill text you later or something.

"Please put the phone away Danielle you're being rude," my dad aid shaking his head and muttering "Teenagers," under his breath.

"Okay you are going to be unconscious when we do this procedure. We are going to take some of your stem cells out and harvest them for when you actually start chemotherapy. We will give them back during chemo to make your stronger. We are also going to try and take out some of the cancer we will be giving you some other stuff. The stuff we will be giving you is radioactive so when the procedure is done we are going to have to put you in a room alone. No one can visit you but me and a nurse, it won't be this room, but you will stay there depending on how much radiation you give. It could last five hours to a week," he said looking at me.

"My dad can't visit me?" I asked.

Dr. Collins gave me a sad look.

"I'm afraid not. There will be a window in your room so you can see your dad but only me and a nurse can go in because you'll be radioactive," he said. "Any more questions?" he asked.

"Will this make me bald or is that just chemo?" I asked.

He gave me another sad look "Well the radioactivity probably will make you loose most of your hair. I'm sorry I know that downstairs they sell wigs," he said.

"Oh...bummer," I said.

"I think we should get started," Dr. Collins said pricking me with a needle and giving me a gas mask.