Oh...I See

Oh...

There was this constant annoying sound beeping. I groaned and woke up finding myself in the hospital confused.

There were IV's attached to my arm and the beeping came from the minister. I pressed the button and a minute later Dr. Collins came in.

"Hey Danielle how are you feeling?" he asked me putting his hand on my head checking me.

I have him a questioning look "Fine, I'm just confused," I said.

"Do you remember what happened?" He asked me.

I shook my head no "Well you went to sleep but your dad couldn't wake you up so he took you to the hospital," he answered.

"Oh...I didn't wake up?" I asked him.

He nodded slowly "Yeah your body did not have enough oxygen circulating through your blood," he said writing down some stuff on a sheet of paper.

"My dad, how is he? I mean how was he when he came in here?" I asked him.

I felt my heart quicken and I heard it to no thanks to the monitor "He was a mess at first he had every right though he thought that you were going to die. When it was clear that this sometimes happens to our cancer patients he calmed down," he explained.

"Danielle, I think you might want to start really thinking of when you are ready to start the treatment. That is if you want to do treatment, remember it's your choice," he said leaving me alone.

What does he mean by that? of course I want to do treatment I mean I don't want to die and it is my choice. I just don't know when I want to do the treatment.

Thinking about what Dr. Collins said about my dad acting when he came in here. It made me realize that I really need to find someone for my dad that is if the treatment doesn't go in our favor.

My dad came in and smiled at me "Hey dad," I said.

He smiled back but when I saw who was behind him I stopped smiling. "Hey what are you doing here?" I asked.

"Well I called you and you didn't pick up the phone so then I me and Ashley just decided to go over to your house to ask you to hang out. We thought that maybe your phone died or something. Then your dad opened the door and he said he would get you, but he found wake you up," Millie explained.

"Danielle what's going on?" Ashley asked.

I looked over at my dad and he shook his head saying that he didn't give them any information. "I passed out from dehydration," I explained.

"Oh it's a good thing we came to your house who knows what would have happened if we didn't," Millie said.

I nodded. "The guys are here too," Ashley said.

I gave them a puzzled look "They are?" I asked

"Yeah we were with Brock and then he called Austin to tell him that you were in the hospital," she said.

"Where are they then?" I asked.

"Getting food," Ashely said then she checked her watch "They should be back soon," she added.

"Are you tried?" Ashley asked.

I shook my head "No did I miss a few days or something?" I asked.

Millie shook her head this time "No actually it's a little later then the afternoon,"

"Oh," I said.

Just then the door opened and we were all quiet except for the sound that the TV was making. "You look suspicious," I said to Brock who was making a weird face.

"Look what I brought you," he said digging through his jacket and bringing out a puppy.

Not just any puppy though this was the one that Logan was planning on getting. "Surprise!" Austin said.

"Whee did you get that?" I asked.

"From Logan it's his dog the lady let us take him for the day so we decided to bring him here to cheer you up," Brock said placing the dog on my bed.

"Does he have a name?" I asked.

"No Logan didn't decide yet but he has a general idea of what he wants," Austin said.

I looked around "Where is Logan?" I asked.

Brock and Austin shrugged. I petted the puppy thinking. Why wasn't Logan here I mean he didn't have to show up here, but every one of our friends showed up so wouldn't that mean he would be here?

"He was busy?" Austin said.

"Oh...I see," I replied.

"So how long do you have to stay in here?" asked Millie

I shrugged "I don't know probably another day or so for testing. That's how it usually goes," I said.

"You've passed out before?" Ashely asked.

"My friend back home used to pass out all the time and they kept her in the hospital for a day or two. Then again that was in Colorado," I said shrugging the lie off easily.

Ashely nodded her head not thinking to much of it. For the rest of the time that they were here which was an hour all we did was talk and watch shows.

It seemed like they wanted to leave and I didn't blame them because I myself didn't even want to be here. There was absolutely nothing to do. Once they left I ended up sleeping with the dog. He was such a good dog all he did was sleep until he was placed on the ground he peed.

I sadly had to clean it up because if one of the doctors or nurse came inside they would get mad for having a dog inside.

The door opened and there was Logan he caught my breath away. "I thought you would be sleeping right now," he said.

I frowned slightly the fact that he basically came because he thought I would be sleeping.

"Yeah well your wrong," I said.

Logan came over to the bed and started petting the puppy. The puppy sniffed his hand and licked it while rubbing up against him.

"Wanna see something cool?" I asked.

Logan nodded "Sure," he replied.

I brought my finger that was hooked up to some monster to the attachment on my chest. After a few seconds the heart monitor started racing and beeping more and more. There was commotion outside and soon the doors were opened and doctor Collins and a few others brushed past Logan.

"Danielle," Dr. Collins said.

I looked at him as the other people left slightly irritated. "Yes?" I smiled.

"Don't do that again we thought hat something was wrong with you," he said.

"You tricked them into thinking that something was wrong with you?" Logan asked.

I nodded my head. "Who are you?" Dr. Collins asked.

"He's my friend," I said.

"Logan Foster," he answered bringing his hand out to shake.

They shook hands Dr. Collins gave me a look I shook my head no knowing what he was asking. "Danielle why is there a dog on your bed?" he asked.

"Isn't it cute?" I asked.

He gave me a flat look "You know in hospitals there are people who have allergies some even to animals," Dr. Collins said sarcastically.

"That's my fault I thought that bringing my new dog would cheer her up because she's stuck in here," Logan said. "I was actually about to leave," he said grabbing the dog.

"Bye," I said as he walked out.

I looked at Dr. Collins and he shook his head "Do any of your friends know that you have cancer?" he questioned.

I shook my head no and he sighed "Its not good to keep things to yourself it can be stressful and I think it's best if you tell someone other than your dad that way you don't have to cope alone," Dr. Collins said.

"No I don't want pity. People are going to start treating me differently and that's the last thing I want. If I have only a few more day, months, or years to live I want to live. If that makes sense?" I said.

"How about you go to the therapy session you've been here all day it might do you some good since you'll be here tonight too," he said.

I nodded.

Sorry I've been sick but two options for the puppy name you gust vote

1. Thor
2. Chewbacca (chewy for short)

Vote by commenting please