Oh...goodnight

Oh...goodnight

I probably took the news of my death pretty damn good considering the fact that I wasn't crying. It would be a lie to say that I didn't expect it, I mean the statistics prove themselves I know I'm nothing special to actually survive cancer. My dad on the other hand must be devastated, even though Dr. Collins didn't tell me that I was going to die I know that he told my dad that my chances were slim. I remember evesdropping on them when my dad said to go and get a drink of water. They think that it's best not to tell me becuase it will 'motivate' me to fight and not give up.

What a bunch of bull.

I know my dad is trying to protect me he wants me to think that everything is fine, but how is everything going to be fine when I'm dying. I'm leaving my dad with no one, my mom isn't in the picture anymore and I won't be either in a couple of months give and take a few weeks. I grabbed my book, maybe I should write that down I need to find someone for my dad. It can be anyone a girlfriend, a friend, just anyone I can't leave him alone.

I scribbled that into the book shoving it back into my backpack. He's not going to be the only person that I'm going to leave though, I'm also going to leave my somwhat friends that I have here. I'm going to leave Brock, Austin, and Logan. I'm going to leave John, Millie, and Ashley. I know that we're not super close or anything, but I can't help to think that they might be slightly upset. I don't want them to feel that maybe I shoud just stop hanging out with them then they won't feel so sad about it. Yeah...stop making friends.

I heard some noises wich distracted me from my train of thought. I looked around knowing that I wasn't in the safest area of New York in fact I was in the park on a swing I'm pretty sure that screamed 'mugg me please' especially since I was alone. The screaming didn't stop though, maybe someone is in trouble.

I got up from the swing grabbing a rock, I know not the best thing to defend yourself with but there was nothing else. So maybe I'm not smart going towards the noise, but if someone is in trouble I'm going to help them. I mean that's what I would want someone to do to me right?

As I walked further I soon realized that I mistook the screaming for chanting. There was a large crowd I stood on my tippy toes to try and get a better look of what was going on. I decided that I was going to be rude so I pushed my way and lets just say that I wasn't the only rude person, because some people shoved me back, but eventually I made my way to the front.

My jaw dropped at the sight in front of me.

I realized that this was a street fight and people were chanting because they were placing bets on the fighters, but I knew a fighter.

Logan Foster.

There was a look in his eyes that was a hard glare Logan looked deadly, he punched the guy and kicked him, from the looks of it he was winning there was not a single scratch on him. Someone shoved me and I fell in the middle of the circle, some people groaned and yelled at me. I quickly got up, but not without making eye contact with Logan. Great now he knows that I'm here and that I saw him.

I quickly pushed my way out of the crowd of course not without being pushed too, but before I could actual start walking away someone grabbed my arm, hard.

"Hey!" I said turning around fast.

I scrunched up my face "Let go of me," I said pulling my arm.

That didn't do anything, it only made his grip on me tighten. "You know that your really pretty," he stated "I bet that you have a really nice body underneath those clothes," he said.

"Seriously let go of me, before I scream," I threatened him.

He didn't let go of me "HELP SOMEONE HE-UGHS," I screamed before he put his hand over my mouth.

I bit his hand "AHHH!! HELP!" I yelled.

He punched me, I could feel my eyes start to water "Please let me go," I said through my teeth.

"I don't think so your bueaty is too much for me to handle I can't let you slip away," he said pushing me onto the ground.

I quickly took advantage of this and started to get up only to be kicked back down. I kicked his shin but it didn't so anything becuase he pinned me to the concrete. He put his hand on my mouth before I could scream and his other hand was unzipping my pants.

My screams were coming into muffles, I tried to pull his hair, but he only punched me, this punch did something to me. I started coughing and he ripped my shirt, slipping his hand into my pants. I could feel myself start to cry as tears formed in my eyes.

"Get off of her," A powerful voice said.

The man looked at him and I took my chance and shoved him, but he was still on me. He was soon off of me and I recognized it was Logan who toook him off of me and started chocking him. "If I ever see you touch another girl again I will rip off your balls, cook them, and feed them to rats," He said punching him multiple times.

I flinched, I thought the guy punched me hard, but Logan's punches were no where near his punches, Logan had a strong powerful punch and everytime he hit the man his face would snap backwards. It was noticable that Logan wasn't going to let him go any time soon.

"Logan can we leave, please," I begged him feeling exposed.

"Logan looked at me and dropped the man on the ground of course not without kicking him.

"Darling, I am so sorry lets leave," He said engulfing me with his muscular arms.

He brought me towards his car and I quickly jumped in. Logan looked at me and frowned at what I was wearing.

"Here," he said handing me hoodie, I zipped it up covering my body.

"Danielle what were you doing there?" he asked as he started the car.

"I was at the park near by and I heard screaming so I went and checked it out. What were you doing there?" I asked him.

"I was fighting?" Logan said.

"Why, you could get hurt," I said.

"I do it because its fun, lets just drop the topic," he said.

"Fine," I said looking out the window.

He pulled up into his penthouse tossing the keys to the valet guy. I followed him "Hello Miss Simmons and Mr. Foster," Walter greeted us.

"Call me Danielle," I said following Logan to the elevator.

"You can stay here tonight because I doubt you want to explain what happened when you get home," he said as the elevator opened.

"Thanks, I'm going to call my dad," I said.

"I'll get you some fresh clothes," Logan said disappearing.

I started dialing my dads number and when he picked up he answered it frantically.

"Dad I'm fine. I'm staying over at a friends house tonight," I told him.

I know if I asked him he would have said no so I had to tell him what I was doing.

"Danielle I don't feel comfortable about this. Just promise me a few things," he said.

"Okay what?" I asked.

"Set your alarm on your phone every two hours and start taking the medicine because I know you didn't. Make sure you take it because I'm not there to know if you actually took it. Also make sure you eat breakfast. Dr. Collins said that you needed to eat," he said.

"Okay I promise," I said.

"Bye Danielle I love you," he said.

"Love you too," I replied hanging up.

I dug through my backpack grabbing the bottle of medication unscrewing it and grabbing a pill. I took it and started my two hour timer on my phone.

"Here are some clothes you can sleep in, they might be big on you since their mine but their the smallest clothes I have" Logan said.

"Ok thanks," I said heading towards the bathroom.

I changed into his clothes and dear lord it smelled just like him. Logan was right his clothes were big on me they were practically hanging off of me.

"You can sleep in the guest room I already put your stuff there," he said.

"Okay thanks. By any chance where are the cups I like to have water when I sleep," I said.

Really I just needed something to down my medicine. Logan went to the kitchen and got me a cup filled with water.

"Thanks," I said.

"If you need anything you know where my room is," Logan said.

"Yeah okay," I replied.

"Goodnight Danielle," he said.

"Oh...goodnight," I replied heading towards the guest room.

For some reason saying goodnight didn't feel like it meant good night. It meant more because I know in the morning I'm going to have to start distancing myself from him.

This goodnight was more of a goodbye