THE BARON AND HIS DEPUTY

After the Commandant dismissed the resigning Baron, he called the Superintendent. Major General Antonio Marcos

"Yes André?"

"Good Afternoon Sir, the Baron just left my office Sir. he's resigning kasi nakabuntis daw. I adviced him to process his papers so he could leave before the graduation rites tomorrow sir. " Brig. General

"Okay ah, biglaan yata yan ah," Major General said. "Okay then, come to my quarters ASAP with Senior Tac and bring with you the resigning Baron and his Deputy. "

"Yes Sir!"

After his conversation with the Commandant, Maj General Marcos called MA3 and commanded him to report to him ASAP for the changes of plans for the graduation rites tomorrow.

BRIGADE COMMANDER AND STAFF ROOM

When Chris entered the room he shares with his Brigade Staff, his Deputy Brigade Commander Cadet Carl Leo Mendoza and the Brigade Adjutant Cadet Gil Corpuz were waiting for him. He saw the questioning looks of the two of his closest friends in the Academy, his best friend Leo and his squadmate Gil.

"Ano Mistah, nasabi mo na ba? nakita kita kanina eh hawak mo yung folder kausap mo si Commandant," Gil asked him

"Oo nakausap ko na," Chris tried to sound happy about it but his friends heard the crack in his voice when he spoke.

"Ano sabi?" it was Leo who asked. His voice was so soft that Chris barely heard him

Chris looked at him and smiled, " Ikaw na daw ang Baron" he jokingly said but the two heard the seriousness in his voice.

"UNGAS! pa ungas ungas ka kasi!" Leo said with anger in his voice. He could not understand what he was feeling at that moment. It felt like he wanted to go to sleep so when he wakes up, every thing would be back to normal, Chris as the baron.

As the three friends were talking, the Guard knocked on their door

"Enter," Chris said

"Sir, you are adviced to report to the STO together with your Deputy ASAP, Sir," the guard told Chris.

"Sige," Chris said. When the guard left the room, Chris looked at Leo and teased him, "Sabi ko sa yo eh, ikaw na ang Baron."

Leo on the other could not smile neither can he say anything. He does not know what to feel and think. He refuses to accept the fact that his best friend is resigning. One of the very few cadets he admired. He could not accept the fact that Chris is turning his back to his dreams to everything that he had worked hard for. The walk to the office of the STO seemed to have been the longest walk that Chris and Leo have done in their whole life. One leaving and the other staying. Leo glanced at Chris who was in dress white as he is. He still look the Baron that every one in their class wanted. Leo admires this man more than he had ever admired anyone.

When they arrived at the STO (Senior Tactical Officer) office, they were to go with him to the quarters of the Superintendent, Major General Marcos together with the Commandant of Cadets, Brig. General André Corpuz

At the Superintendent's quarters, they were ushered in the Supe's library so they would have more privacy.

As they were seated, Supe broke the silence, "Commandant , tell me the problem."

"Sir, this afternoon, The Baron, Cadet Ibarra approached me and handed over to me his resignation letter. Chris kindly state to the Supe your reason for resigning," the Commandant told Chris.

Chris cleared his throat that suddenly seemed to have turned so dry.

"Sir," Chris started. "Last December, my girlfriend told me that she was 5 months pregnant. I was torn between resigning and staying when I learned about it, Sir. But I wanted to know if I was violating a law or a rule if I continue and graduate Sir." Chris looked at the Superintendent who was listening intently to him. He continued, " I asked and researched for the requirements of the commissionship of anofficer, Sir. I of course did not mention that I had got someone pregnant."

THE BARON: My One True LoveOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara