Chapter VII (For Ages 18 and above)

As they both got out of the car, Joanna, one of Marian's maids told her that her parents went to Pangasinan for an emergency. Their branch in Dagupan is on fire since 10 AM. Marian called her mother for updates and she learned that half of the kitchen burned down. She learned that they might go home tonight or tomorrow morning when everything is in order.

When Marian got out of her room she saw the light under Chris' door. He probably got in there when she was busy on the phone.

She knocked on the door,

"Pasok!" she heard Chris said

When she entered, she saw him lying down on his bed. He has removed his uniform and changed into one of his old shirts that he left in the house and his cargo shorts.

"Meryenda? Ano gusto mo?" She asked

"Kahit ano. Ano ba meron?

"Cake, ice cream, mamon, bread, saging..."

"sige, sige, baba na lang ako!" Chris said getting up.

Marian went down to the kitchen before Chris.She heard him shuffling behind her.

"Ano oras ang termination?" Marian asked while Joanna was preparing the cake and juice.

"21 hundred," he said while he sat opposite her.

"Aaaah, so dito ka kakain?"

"Obviously! Unless palayasin mo ako before dinner."

"Hmmmm, nice idea," she smiled wickedly.

"Ungas" Chris said and took a bite of his cake.

====

After meryenda, Marian excused herself and told Chris she has to go back to school to get her photocopies of the case digests that she needed to read. Chris said he will sleep in his room. He told her to go to his room if she needed something.

When Marian returned from school, she found Joanna cooking for dinner. The other maid Maricris was on leave cause her father is sick.

"Si Chris Manang?" she asked the maid

"Nasa kuwarto niya. Puntahan mo daw siya pag dating mo may ipapakita daw siya na movie."

"Okay."

"Totoo ba na wala na sila nung girlfriend niyang beauty queen?" Joanna asked

"Halla! Tsismosa. maniwala ka diyan baka next week sila na ulit. Sige ligo lang ako."

"Sige," Joanna continued slicing onions.

After she took a quick shower, Marian knocked on Chris' door. He did not answer. She tried the door knob and it opened. She pushed it and went inside the room. It was dark. Chris did not turn the lights on. So Marian turned the bedside light on. She saw Chris on his back, asleep. She sat on the bed near him and shook his shoulder softly.

"Chris? Chris? Wake up!"

Chris stirred and opened his eyes. He saw Marian beside him. He sat up and tried to shake the sleep off.

"Dito ka na?"

"Obviously"

"Eh, sorry naman."

"What is that you wanted to show me?"

"Ahh tong movie,"

"Di ba gusto mo yung movie ni Taylor Lutner na "Abduction"? He asked her

"Yeah! Kaso wala akong copy nun eh."

"Eto meron ako. Nilagay ko na sa cd." He stood up and opened a drawer

"Thank you!" Marian took the cd from Chris.