CHRIS

All characters appearing in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

-The Author

Chris is a Second Class cadet of the Philippine Military Academy. He is 23 years old. Tall and one of those who are on top of his class. He is not drop dead gorgeous but he has his share of stares and ooohhss and aaahs from the female population.

His mistahs (classmates) and company mates were congratulating him for getting the most aspired position in the Cadet Corps, the Baron. His bunky Leo was teasing him about it.

"Pa canton ka na Mistah!" He always teases.

He just left Lauryn at the grandstand. He was begging her not to throw her tantrums now since he is too busy preparing with the Cadet Corps for the graduation week.

Lauryn won't hear any of it.

"I want you to come to my birthday," she said to Chris.

"But baby, its graduation week and we have so many things to do right now," Chris explained.

"I don't care. I want to introduce you to Mom and Dad. Ngayon lang sila dumating from the US ayaw mo pang pumunta." Mangiyak ngiyak na sabi ni Lauryn.

"Sige, sige, I'll try to come baby," Chris said.

"Don't try, do it!" Said Lauryn

"Ok!" Then the outgoing Baron saw him and told him that they will have a short chat with brigade staff.

"I gotta go babe, tinatawag na ako," Chris asked Lauryn. "I'll go to your birthday don't worry." Chris promised

"Thank you Dada. Ako na lang sumakay mag isa. Wag mo na ko ihatud sa sakayan," Lauryn said.

Army, that is his branch of service. Chris was excited to tell Lauryn but she was too busy with her birthday. He did not tell her, she seemed not interested anyway.

When he got in his room, his First Class roommates were not in there. They were busy preparing for their ring hop. Chris thought they might have gotten out to the city to pick up their dates or their families.

He removed his uniform and put on his athletic uniform. He lay down on his bed to maybe get a little nap before the rush of the Ring Hop starts.

Then he took his phone and dialled the number of the only person who listens to his gripes.....Marian.