Chapter I

"Hello?" Marian answered her phone as she got out from her car.

"Bespren," Chris said.

"Problems?" Marian knew there is a problem. Chris don't call her at daytime. He only calls at night when everyone has retired to bed. After taps. If Chris has a problem he calls anytime of the day.

"Wala naman. Bakit pag tumawag ba ako ibig sabihin nun may problema na ako?" Chris said.

"Wala naman. I'm just wondering why you called," sabi ni Marian sa kaibigan. " so why did you call?" Marian asked again.

"I'm the incoming Baron," Chris announced matter of factly.

"Yaaayyy!!" Screamed Marian over the phone. "Nakuha mo din!" Marian was as happy as Chris.

Chris and Marian have been friends snce Chris was third class. Marian's parents are Chris' foster parents. Since the moment they met they clicked. Marian and Chris have become best buds since then.

"Manlibre ka, hahaha!" Marian said to Chris.

"Oo naman!" Chris happily told Marian.

"Mommy is here. She wants to congratulate you," Marian excitedly handed the phone to her mother.

"Hello Chris'" Judge Guerrero said

"Mommy, hello po!"

"Congratulations Anak! Daddy and I are proud of you!"

"Thank you Mommy!"

Chris has been the 1st foster son of the Guerrero's. They have joined the Foster Parents program of the Philippine Military Academy. Its a way of connecting the civilians and the cadets and also providing the cadets home away from home.

Since he has become their foster son, Chris would spend weekend leaves at the house of the Guerrero's. He has his own room there. They have yet to adopt another foster child from the lower class. That made him and Marian best friends.

Marian was very happy for Chris. He has always wanted to be a Baron. Now he has it. He is her brother and every achievement is hers too.

"Here's Marian, congratulations again Anak. I love you too!" Judge Guerrero handed the phone to Marian

"Bespren! Hahaha happy ako super!" She told Chris.

"Buti ka pa, si Lauryn hindi na naman interesado malaman," Chris sadly told her.

Lauryn is Chris' girlfriend of 6 months. They have been going on since Chris met her at the University of Baguio Gym where the cadets had a basketball game. Lauryn is the only child of a Chinese Pilipino businessman who spends most of their life travelling abroad.

Lauryn has been crowned as Miss Baguio this year making her the apple of the eye of every man residing in Baguio and Chris as the protagonist.

"Alam mo kasi bespren, kung ako sa yo, ibreak mo na yang si Lauryn at istorbo lang yan sa buhay mo. Madami pa maganda diyan." Marian told Chris.

"You think so pare?" Tanong ni Chris.

"I know so!" Marian told her Best friend.

Marian and Chris talked about some stuff until they both say goodbye. After they hang up, Marian went down to join her family for dinner and Chris ate dinner in their room since the mess hall was being used for the Ring Hop.