Chapter X

Chris returned to PMA just in time for termination. He left Marian without them talking anout their problem, if there was any. He and Marian have not talked about their what telationship is. He wanted her all to himself. He hated the way D-Cru was looking at her. He has this propriety attitude when it comes to her. He hated it when men look at her with interest. He wonders if she feels the same way. The way she reacted towards Lauryn was reeking with jealousy. Nagseselos ba yun ? something he noticed about through, Marian looked pale and stressed out. May problema kaya yun?

When Chris left for PmA, Marian and Joanna went back to the house immediately.

"Matulog na ako," Joanna said

"Sige, Kakain lang ako ng suha," Marian told the maid.

"Suha? ngayong gabi? Bahala ka sasakit tiyan mo niyan. Sige matutulog na ako."

At the barracks the next day, Chris could not understand why Marian was acting so weird these days. Simetimes she would just burst in to tears and sometimes she would ignore him like he does not exists.

Chris tried to call Marian but her phone was always out of coverage area. He texted her and apologized for what had happened the night before. He also wanted to know how she was since she looks very ill and she seemed to have lost weight.

At The Mess Hall

The Brigade Adjutant Cadet First Class Martin de la Cruz announced to the Cadets the punishments during publications of events.

"...for having Class 3 offenses, Cadet First Captain Christopher Ibarra is awarded 8 demerits and 8 hours punishments for leaving his laptop plugged on or about 0800H, 28 August, 2013..." and Martin went on with the oter annoncements.

BACK AT THE BARRACKS

"Putik, lumabas na yung DR ko. Di ako makakalabas ngayong weekend, touring ako eh" he said to his bunky, Leo.

"Ilang oras ba yan Bunky?" asked Leo

"8-8"

"Okay lang yan"

"Kaso kailangan ko puntahan si Marian ngayong Sabado eh"

"Napapansin ko, Marian ka ng Marian eh." Leo looked up from her his shoes, "Iba na yan ah"

"Ungas di ako type nun," Chris said.

"Di ka nga type pero type na type mo siya, hahahaha. Malakas ang tama mo sa foster sister mo Bok!"

Chris did not answer Leo anymore. He lay down on his bunks thinking of Marian. Why can't he not forget about her? He closed his eyes and itsher he sees. Her smell, her touch, the feel of her hands against his body.

"Aaah Damn!" he said.

"Ano ka?" a startled Leo said.

After that weekend that he served his punishment, Chris was able to get a privilege pass that Saturday afternoon. He planned to visit his foster parents especially Marian. He took a taxi to their house.

When he arrived at his foster parents' house he was shocked to see Martin there. He learned from Joanna, the maid that Martin has been going there 3 weekends now. Chris wondered why Marian did not mention it to him.

After some small talks with Martin and Marian, he left them and went to his room. He wanted to slam the door so loudly behind him. He could not explain what he is feeling at that moment/ He wanted to slug Martin for being there. He wanted to yell. He sat down on his bed. He opened the windows and looked out. Why is he feeling this way? Why is he jealous of Martin?

He changed into his house clothes and lay down in bed. I must have fallen asleep while thinking of killing Martin, he said to himself. There was a soft knock on his door. He got up and opened it Marian was standing outside the room and smiling at him.

"Bakit?" Chris asked

"Ang sungit naman nito. Umalis na si Martin. Tulog ka kaya hindi na kita ginising," MArian said and entered the room.

"Eh naistorbo mo tulog ko eh" Chris closed the door and went back to lyig down. He turned away from Marian who noticed his grouch mood. She lay on the bed and continued to tease him.

"May problema ka ba?" she jokingly asked.

"Wala!" Chris answered and covered his head with a pillow.

"EH bakit ang sungit mo?" Marian regarded him in stunned reproach.

"You want to know why? Gusto mong malaman kung bakit ako masungit? Bakit ako galit?" Chris countered with lethal effect as he got up from bed and strode into the bathroom.

"Bakit nga?" Marian asked again

"Ano ang ginagawa ni Martin dito? Bakit masyado yata kayong malapit sa isa't isa? At sabi ni Joanna, every weekend pala pinupuntahan ka. Wala ka bang balak sabihin yan?"

"You're being unreasonable.... How do you expect me to feel about us? Si Martin bumisita alangan namang pagtabuyan ko siya? MArian cried, moving after him in hot pursuit.

"Eh di sana sinabihan mo na tayo na!" Chris dealt her with a smile of provovation.

"Tayo na? Kailan pa?" Marian broke in helplessly

Chris discarded his shirt without saying anything. Marian blinked and experienced a sudden fluttering sensation in her loins that made her feel murderously uncomfortable. As she focused on the muscular breadth of his bronzed chest, his flat stomach, her legs felt strangely hollow. Only as he snapped the waistband of his shorts did she appreciate the fact that she was staring and she took a hasty step away, half turning a defensive back and smiling and struggling to behave as if his unthinkable ability to strip off to strip off in front of her didn't faze her the slightest.

"Obviously, dapat nagtanggal na ako ng damit sa sala nung nandun pa si Martin," Chris said

"Excuse me?" Marian mumbled, cheeks red

"Wala" Chris said turning his back on her again and changed into his jeans and polo shirt he was wearing when he came home.

PMA

Chris and Marian did not talk after that heated argument. Marian stayed in her room until Chris went back to PMA and neither did Chris talked to Marian while he was still in his foster parents' house.

Chris was still mad at Marian until the next day, Sunday. When he entered his room he checked his cellphone and there was at least 10 missed calls from his foster mother. Curious, he called her back.

RIng! Ring! Ring!

"Hello?"

"Hello, Ma. BAkit po kayo napatawag?" tanong niya sa foster mother niya.

"Chris, Sorry, are you busy?"

"HIndi po. Nag mess lang po kami kaya hindi ko po nasagot, Bakit po?"

"Si Marian nawawala. I don't know kung kagabi siya umalis or kaninang umaga. we just discovered it this morning. We did not call agad cause we did not want naman to alarm you. Alam ko you are busy with a lot of stuff now. Pero anak, did she ever call you or talk to you about leaving?"

Chris was shocked. But he remained calm so he would not strees his foster mother more. "Ma, baka po nagpunta lang sa school?"

"I don't think so Chris. She took most of her clothes and we checked the bank and they said that she just closed her accounts there. Remember your Tito Lito? We had to beg him toplease help us so we would know if Marian is okay. So yung pumayag din siya nasilipin kung active ba yung bank account niya.. Your Tito Lito said, she closed it."

"Naku Mommy, kahapon kasi nag away kami kaya I'm sure hindi siya magsasabi sa akin. Hindi naman kaya ako angrason niya? Pero napakababaw naman kung pati kayo idadamay niya."

"Okay Chris. I need to put down the phone at baka may tumawag na magsasabi kung saan ang whereabouts ni Marian. Please inform us kung tatawag siya ha?"

"Yes Mommy."