Chapter VI

When Chris woke up the next day, Marian was not in the house anymore. His foster parents were back in Baguio. They told him that Marian left early to finish her case digests with her classmates. His foster parents told him that they will drive him to PMA later after lunch.

Chris tried to call Marian but her phone was out of coverage area. He texted her and apologized for what had happened the night before.

"Bes, I'm sorry." Chris texted.

Marian did not answer him until Wednesday. He was reading a message from the Commandant when a message from Marian appeared.

"Bespren, musta? Didn't text you cause I've been busy with school." Her text said.

Chris smiled and texted her back. "That's okay Bes. How are you?"

"Fine, just have trouble mixing school with my waitress job hahaha. The bosses are very strict. Can't even use the sink when there are customers. They are killling me," she texted back.

Chris was happy that he and Marian are now In good terms. He missed her and she missed him. They still wanted their friendship back.

"Hey Bes," Chris texted. "On Saturday, the Crown Prince of Japan will visit us here in PMA, would you like to come and watch your best friend make an inpression?"

"Whooooaaa! Ang yabang! Pero sige, I will go there this Saturday. Would you like me to bring a friend or something?" marian texted back.

Chris replied, "just the girl you wanted me to meet since last year."

"Ok, I will bring her," Marian replied.

When Marian arrived at the PMA that Saturday morning, she was nervous of what would be their reaction to each other. They have not really talked about the incident that happened when Chris had his weekend leave at their house.

She wanted to bring Jennifer with her but Jen said she has already a boyfriend. The star player of the College of Law basketball team. She was not able to explain to Chris that she was going there alone.

The security of the PMA was stepped up due to the presence of the Crown Prince of Japan. They made Marian park her car near the Hospital since the parking area was already full and also for security reasons. She got off her car and walked her way to the grandstand.

There were so many visitors and the MPs are are running here and there telling civilians what to do. The cadets are already forming a line for the saturday inspection and the welcoming of the visitor. Marian saw the star below the chevron of the baron, Chris. She smiled. that was the first time that she will see Chris in his baron uniform.

Chris was talking to a cadet who looks like a Mistah. It was Leo, Chris' bunky. Leo smiled at Marian and she smiled back. Chris turned around to look at who was Leo smiling at, and he saw Marian.

What Cris saw was not his best friend. He saw someone familiar and yet could not place her where he'd met her. She was smiling at him and Leo had to nudge him, "Earth to Chris" Leo said.

Chris smiled at Marian and mouthed "Oh, nasan kasama mo?"

Marian just shrugged her shoulders.

Marian was wearing a tight hugging dark jeans that emphasized her long slender legs and her butt that most girls would die for. She was wearing a red blouse with a low cut neckline. The smooth swell of the top of her breast was exposed. Stressing the fullness of it. Chris could not believe his eyes. He has never seen Marian wear these kinds of clothes before.

"Ang ganda ng foster sister mo Bok, pwede makuha number niya?" whspered Leo.

"Ungas! Katayin kaya kita'" Chris whispered

"Ha! Ha! Ha!, Bok mukhang tinamaan ka ah, may propriety attitude?" Leo whispered back to Chris.

Chris wanted the parade to be over so he could be with Marian now. Marian went to the grandstand to watch Chris and the other cadets parade for the VIP.

After the parade Chris changed his uniform immediately for the mess. He called Marian who was getting ready to leave PMA,

"Bespren, may gagawin ka ba this PM?"

"Wala naman, bakit?"

"Antayin mo ako, privilege ako ngayon eh," said Chris.

"Ok, puntahan mo na lang ako sa parking lot,"

"Hindi, antayin mo lang ako sa grandstand," Chris said.

Marian waited for Chris to come out from their barracks. She just sat there watching some visitors having their pictures taken with some of the cadets. At the farthest part of the grandstand, a cadet was sitting with a girl who was crying. She looks like she is his girlfriend.

*********

please vote