Chapter V

The next day before breakfast their parents left for Manila. Chris and Marian was planning of what to do the whole day or mayb where they should go.

" I have a ticket for a concert. I bought it for Lauryn and Me. Would you like to go?" Chris asked Marian

"Sige, sino ba ang mag coconcert?" asked Marian

"Side-A"

"Ngek! akala ko pa naman mga bagong generation" complained Marian

"Sige ayaw mo? di huwag na lang."

"Eto naman oh. Sige punta na tayo. Para naman makita kitang umiiyak dun sa concert. Cheessy ang mga kanta ng Side A eh" Marian teased.

CONCERT

The UB Gym was jampacked. Everyone they know was there. The mistahs of Chris and their girlfriends were there. Everyone knew that Marian is Chris' foster sister. Some of Marian's classmates from UP High were there too even some of her classmates in LAw School.

They were seated at the front seats of the crowd. Chris said Lauryn wanted front seats, so Chris did all he can to get two front seats. As Side A went out there were cheers from the crowd. Chris was not concentrating since he saw Lauryn with Jojo 5 seats away from where he and Marian were seated.

Marian was enjoying the concert despite the fact that she did not like Side A. Chris on the other hand was sitting the whole time and sulking.

"What is the problem Ibarra?" Marian was shouting so Chris could hear her.

Chris pointed where Lauryn and Jojo were seated. MArian looked and saw that Lauryn and Jojo were kissing and aking out during the concert.

Marian said, "Come on don't let her or anyone here that you know you were together once that you are affected with them. Stand up and dance Ibarra, no one says you can't."

Chris followed Marian. He ignored what his ex was doing 5 seats away. Miraculously, he enjoyed the show. They even had sundaes at McDonald's after it. They saw some of his mistahs and they decided to go to a bar with them.

Chris who does not drink, started drinking. Marian on the other hand was trying to finish her 5th mango juic for the night. When it was time to go home, Chris was drunk. His mistahs helped Marian bring him to her car. Marian asked them if they wanted to go home already. They said the night is still young and they wanted to drink more.

When Marian and Chris reached home, Chris was fully up and walking on his own. Marian prepared coffee for him. After drinking the coffee Marian gave him, Chris took a shower and lay down on the bed. He tossed here and there, he could not sleep. He thought that if he drink he would go to sleep immediately and forget about what he saw. Lauryn has finally gotten over him, he thought.

He got up from the bed and went out of the room to get water to drink. When he went down, he saw that the kitchen light was open. Chris thought they must have forgotten to turn it off. But he was surprised to see Marian sittig there with a glass of water and her case digests. She was writing.

MArian was surprised to see Chris up.

"Gawa mo?" Chris said

"Finishing my digest," She answered.

"Tulungan kita, Magaling ako diyan," Chris sat beside her.

"Wag na baka di ako pumasa no!" she teased.

They sat there in silence. Marian pretending to finish her digest but actually could not concentrate with Chris looking at her.

Chris on the other hand was looking at Marian. He was thinking why she has not told him of any boyfriend when in fact she could give Lauryn a run for her money. Marian is taller than Lauryn by a couple of inches. She is a tall girl at 5'8". Chris is 6'. Marian is sexy but always wear those chunky jackets or sweaters around. She is very simple but she is beautiful. She is wearing pajama now.