Chapter IV

PMA

As Chris stands at the Borromeo Field, he could not think of anything but Lauryn. Why did they break up? Where did it go wrong? Hell she has not even seen her wear his Baron chevron. She has not witnessed him in the Borromeo Field giving commands. She has not seen him parade as the Baron.

Chris went with his daily routine in the Academy. He wanted to cry but he could not. Hindi pwedeng mag emo at pagtatawanan lang siya. He should not show weakness.

One Saturday inspection, at the corner of his eye, he think he saw Lauryn. He turned his head and there she was. Chris almost smiled when he saw Jojo holding Lauryn's hand. The bitch. Why did she has to go to PMA with that jerk. TO make it worst, Lauryn waved her hand at him. The cadet corps knows that Lauryn is his girlfriend. Damn this girl, Chris thought.

Aside from Lauryn's visit with her boyfriend, everythng went well. Lauryn asked the guard if she could possily ask tha baron to entertain them but the guard told her that the Baron was busy. Chris was just in bed the whole time avoiding his Mistah who did not know about his break up with Lauryn. They were as surprised to see her with another guy. They did not know that they broke up already.

As he was lying in his bunks pretending to be asleep, he remembered Marian. She does not know about his break up with Lauryn. Chris was debating whether to tell Marian or not. She has been his shock absorber. She has been her sister and her friend. He wonders why Marian has no told him about her boyfriend. Then Chris dialed her number.

"Problems?" asked Marian

"Gawa mo?" Chris asked.

"Eto nagbabasa ng mga cases, wala kaming pasok kanina pero tinambakan naman kami ng case digests."

"Summer classes? Akala ko di ka nag enrol?

" Inoffer yung subject eh kaya summer ko na"

"So wrong timing pala Bes." Chris said

"Nope, its okay bespren. Matalino bespren mo eh. May problema ba?" Marian said shuffling her photo copied cases.

"Wala naman Bes. Namiss ang kita," Chris said sincerely

"Tumigil ka nga diyan. Namimiss mo lang ako pag may kailangan ka eh," Marian told her best friend.

"Hahahaha ang sama nito, sige na nga may kailangan ako." Chris laughed

"Ano na naman?" asked Marian.

"I need a girlfriend! Hahaha! Joke" joked Chris

"HA!!??" Marian said exaggeratedly, "wala na kayo ni Miss Baguio? Bakit?"

"May iba na siya eh."

"Hay sabi ko na nga sayo unahan mo na siya mag break eh. May pa aylabyu aylabyu ka pa kasi sa kanya brader" teased Marian. "So ano na gagawin mo ngayon?"

Chris thought for a second and said "Wala, concentrate na lang muna ako dito sa Academy. Wala muna girls, mahirap pagsabayin eh."

"Good! Good" Marian said.

They talked for about an hour before Chris said that it was already 10 minutes to Mess Call. He asked Marian if he could call again. Marian said he can as long as she is not in the restaurant or in school. And they said goodbye.

The next call that Marian got from Chris was Thursday night. He said that he is going on weekend leave. Marian told his parents that Chris is going to have his weekend leave at the house. Her mother asked the maids to prepare the room of Chris. Her parents love him like a son. Marian was eager to see Chris. She wanted to grill him for being stupid and hopelessly in love with Lauryn. She was laughing at him when he told her the news of their break up. Now what she wanted to see was his face when he would tell her the story of the break up.

Friday came and Chris arrived in the house of the Guerreros. He was as always welcomed by his foster parents whole heartedly. His foster dad treats him like he is his own son, a son that he never had. Marian on the other hand was smiling devilishly. Chris knew that that is the sign for Marian to really make his weekend leave miserable.

"Marian, Chris, tomorrow your Mom and I are going down to Manila to attend the awarding of best restaurants in the Philippines. Our chain won the cleanest and also the most customers for this year." Mr Guerrero said.

"Chris, just feel at home. Consider it as your own. Wag ka mahiya mag utos sa mga maids. Nandiyan naman si Marian eh" said Mrs Guerrero.

"Mom, I am left here with this broken hearted guy? What a weekend. He might just mop around the house and cry." Marian said teasingly

"Why what happened?" asked Mrs Guerrero

"Mom, nothing. My sister is just making a big deal out of it." Chris smiled.

"Tumigil ka nga. Paiyak iyak ka pa nung nandito ka eh," laughed Marian between bites

"Hindi ah!" Chris poked Marian's side making the latter squealed with laughter.

The night ended up with Chris being defending himself from Marian's teasings and his foster parents' advising him to go look for another girl. "Yung mahal ka," they said.

*****

please vote