Chapter XIII

"Ano buntis siya?" Leo asked for surprisingly

"Oo. Twins. "

"Kambal?" Leo laughedand said "Kambal" again.

"Sssshhh, huwag ka maingay. Ang ingay mo!" Chris tried to stop his bunkmate from making too much noise.

"He-he-he sige sige. Ninong ako huh! ano mag i inmediately ka na?"

"Hindi. Hindi ko pa siya natatanong kung ano ang plano niya eh. Hindi pa namin nasabi sa parents niya. Siyet pano ko kaya sabihin sa kanila?" Chris asked

"Eh di sabihin mo, nabuntis ko po anak niyo," Leo said jokingly.

"Ungas! Foster parents ko kaya sila"

"Eh di sabihin mo, Ma, Dad, nabuntis ko po kapatid ko, ha- ha-ha"

"UNGAS!" Chris threw the slipper at his bunkmate, best friend, mistah since plebe year.

Why did he feel a sudden sense of dread?

Marian slept late the next morning, only awakening when Joanna knocked on her door at about 10 o'clock. She grabbed her robe and shrugged into it on the way to her door.

"Good Morning Princess, may delivery for you"

"Huh?!"Marian stared at the basket of fruits and a stuffed toy. "These are for me?" She loved stuffed toys. She is always cheered up by these more than anything.

"Oo nga. Alangan namang para sa akin?"

She reached fro the discreet white card tucked among the bananas. She was thinking who could have send them.

Much to her surprise, the card was signed "CHRIS" with only a few words, gentle words. "I'm sorry."

What was he apologizing for?

Later that afternoon, Marian was busy reviewing for her midterms when she received a text message from Chris.

"Christmas break na this Friday, punta ako diyan. Need to talk.- Chris" He was using Leo's phone. Marian wanted to ask why or reply to his text she didn't.

It was a long week for Marian and Chris. Both dreading the weekend. Marian busied herself with cleaning her room and taking Chris off her mind.

FRIDAY, 100th Nite SHOW, PMA

Chris invited Marian's family to the annual 100th Nite Show at PMA. it's a show presented by the cadets 100 nights before the graduation of the first class cadets. Families, foster families, friends and special ones are invited on the 2nd showing day.

Marian and her parents went to watch the 100th Nite Show. She did not want to go because she was feeling peaked....maybe because of her pregnancy.

Chris was already at the Boodle Bar when they arrived. He was with some Mistahs who were also waiting for their visitors. When Chris saw them, he stood up and went to them. Leo was with him. Marian's dad shook hands with Chris and Leo. Leo looked at Marian and raised his brows as if saying that he knows their secret.

During the show, Chris sat beside her. Sometimes when the lights went off, he would hols Marian's hand and reassuringly squeezes it. It was a small gesture that means a lot to Marian. After the show, Chris asked her parents if he could visit them after the Manila Parade. He asked them if they were free this weekend for a small talk.

Marian's Mom joked telling him that he was so serious. She said that she is entertaining the thought that Chris might be in trouble to which Chris said he really is.

"Will you be available on the 23rd or 24th Dad? 22 kasi yung Manila Parade eh di pa siya naka pag book kasi fully booked na lahat ang mga eroplano papuntang Zamboanga."

"We will be home until New Year. No out of town trips or anything. Bakit, may problema ka ba?" Marian's dad asked

"Meron po eh. Pero sa 23rd ko na po sasabihin" Chris answered.

Marian pretended no to be interested in what they were talking about. Instead she was walking ahead of them to their car, Leo was beside her.

"Psst, Mistah" Leo whispered to her

"Ssshh, Anong Mistah?"  Marian whisphered back.

"Alam ko sikreto niyo. Kayo huh! NBinong ako ha?" he whispered but chuckled loudly.

"Ang ingay mo talaga!" Marian playfully swat the arm of Leo "Marinig ka.

/