MARIAN

All characters appearing in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

The author

..........

Marian Guerrero was in a huge rush to get to her class on that late afternoon of February. She was stuck in a small traffic jam near the school campus. The traffic caused by students who are leaving the campus and for the students coming in for the night class.

She opened the classroom door and peeked in before she got inside. There were just three of them who were waiting for the class to arrive.

"Where are the others?" she asked.

"I dunno, I've been here for 30 minutes," Maxi answered.

"Maybe they're late," Agnes said.

Then Maxi's phone rang. He answered it. 

"Ok! Ok!, Thanks. " Maxi turned to his classmates

"Classes are suspended for tonight. There is an advisory. I don't know the reason." He continued

"Hell, let's get out of here," Marian said gathering her stuff. "My car is parked outside, sabay na kayo," she invited her classmates.

Marian is a 21 years old first year Law student in Baguio City. At daytime she works at one of her family's restaurant waiting tables. Her father believes that to be able to be successful one has to start from the bottom so he or she would know the pains of striving hard.

She is one of the two daughters of their parents. Her older sister taking charge of the business and is married to a congressman from the south. Maegan stays in Manila with her family but finds time to travel the country to check on the other branches of their business.

It is just her mother who treats her differently from the others. Her mother, Judge Marissa Guerrero, does not talk about business with her. She likes to bring her to her work. They both like shopping and travelling. Marian is her Mother's travel buddy for the main reason that her Dad is busy with work.

Her sister too is all work. Maegan always finds fault in everything Marian do.

As she parked her car in their garage, her phone rang. She looks at it.... Chris.

***************

Pease vote, thank you